[Reader-list] Husain Exhibition Attacked in Delhi

chanchal malviya chanchal_malviya at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 22:06:19 IST 2008

Dear Salimji,

Let me explain you the meaning of sex in Hinduism. Hinduism believes that Sex is the biggest power that can move any person from his ideologies. Hence, there are many true as well as mythical stories in Hinduism that emphasizes that sex must be won over.

You cannot win over a power without talking about it. Sex is a media through which this whole creation is going on. Sex is nothing but the power of nature to brood. And Hinduism is one and only on faith (not religion) that talks about winning over the senses (particularly sex). And Brahmacharya (practicing purity for at least 25 years of life when a child is growing) was one of the tool to achieve it.

This no where means that the erotic power of sex was not understood. And what you see in caves are but a execution of that power over some artists who failed to win over it. This in no where means that Sex is erotic sense in Hinduism.  Kamadeva (power of nature, like all other Deva) is what is represented in those caves. We have temples of all the Devas (powers of nature). So that nature can be respected through the highest form of respect that is worship. And Kamdeva is one among them.

M.F.Hussain is some different story than the concept of sex in Hinduism. So, please do not justify it. Even though you justify..
WHAT IS THE SENSE IN PAINTING MOTHERLAND INDIA NUDE?
WHY NOT HIS MOTHER FIRST IS THE QUESTION?