[Reader-list] A Poem by Faraz

Baruk S. Jacob b_a_r_u_k at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 08:23:39 IST 2008

dear shuddha,

as one of those who is urdu illiterate, thanks for this post. do you know if there are transalated/romanised books of this more political work?

> We need such traitors, many more traitors, and we need them to live
> well and live long, for they alone can save us in India

~ i tend to agree with this in a general sense-the idea that we need critics, 'sedition'(ists) and 'traitors' to constantly remind us of injustice, to make us think, and, hopefully, make us do something about it.

> from the  shame we remain complicit in, at least as long as Kashmir
> is held by force in our name.

~a question, though, that has been asked before on this group. is it possible to reach a kashmir solution without the inclusion of the hindus/pandits who were driven out? isn't there injustice there too?

> I hope we can all learn from the quiet and honorable sedition of
> Ahmed Faraz.

~ :) if only. ah well.