[Reader-list] FW: Attacks on Minorities in Kashmir Valley

S. Jabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 14:34:08 IST 2008

Wow, that's pretty strong language, Murtaza.  You know Vijay, as I do.  In
all these years I really can't say I've seen him being communal or even
using communal language in anything he's written or advocated.  I think he
ought to have a chance in defending himself.  Will you forward this
discussion or should I?

I really posted his email in good faith thinking it may help diffuse some of
this horrid Jammu Hindu/Pandit-Kashmiri Muslim divide that's dominated the
Reader's List for some time, little realizing that this too will add fuel to
the fire.  What a pity.

sj

On 8/30/08 2:24 PM, "Kashmir Affairs" <kashaffairs at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Sonia,
I would like to take this opportunity to expressly condemn Vijay Sazwal
> for yet again playing mischif against Kashmiri Muslims. In his 'appreciating
> guise' on Kashmiri Civil Society, he is carrying on his propaganda against
> Muslims and cooking up stories about imaginery harrassement. Pandit groups,
> mainly believed to be working for IB, have been doing this for more than two
> decades now.
If Vijay is telling the truth, which i don't believe, he must
> mention the incidents rather than spreading false stories. As much i
> appreciate personal contact with him i have had with with for few years now, I
> have to condemn him for his mischief and spreading lies against the Kashmiri
> Muslims majority at the behest of I don't know who. By doing it once again, he
> has sided with rabid-anti-Kashmiri forces including various Pandit groups, who
> are allegedly being spreading rumours and propaganda against Kashmiris. A
> personal friend, Prof. Rattan Lal Hangloo, is on record about Vijay Sazwal
> launching a campaign against Prof. Hangloo for not blaming Kashmiri Muslims
> and Islam for the current trouble in Kashmir. Moreover, Vijay has been part of
> propaganda brigade that has been spreading lies about Kashmiri Muslims and
> talking about so-called Holocaust of Pandits when only 209 Pandits died in the
> crisis as compared to 150,000 Muslims majority of them by the
 Indian army and
> paramilitary forces.

I don't see any appreciation in Vijay's letter. It is
> all venomous propganda against the Muslims.
best,
Murtaza

--- On Sat,
From: S. Jabbar
Subject: [Reader-list] FW: Attacks on Minorities in
To: "Sarai" <reader-list at sarai.net>
Date: Saturday, 30 August,
> 2008, 7:56 AM

A note of appreciation from a Pandit organisation for the
> appeal sent out by
Khurram and others.