[Reader-list] Maqbool Fida Husain: Beyond Art

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 11:26:54 IST 2008

time to talk Hussain, perhaps.

if i were the prime minister of india, i would immediately recommend a
Bharat Ratna in his honour.

obviously, the reason why this can not happen, is 'the vote
calculation'  in other words,  simple profit making ananlysis. which
is akin to corporate world
The art summit in Delhi was a part of that profit making nexus, who
would never like to jeoparadise their profit making machines.
and it would naive on our part to expect them to do so.

Hussain is likely to be part of any auction in the world,  we are
unncessarily worried about the less represention of hussain at the art
summit.. he is part and parcel of that market oriented art.

The decision of art sumitwallas to delete hussain from stalls was a
right intutioin--parallel to art sumit, a simple hussain prints
organized by Sahmat was attacked, by Sri Ram Sena. which we condemned
, i did a little performance for hussain and taslima as well, that is
that..

When Hussain paid tribute to Satyajit Ray, Dom Moreas described that
show as a tribute to a genius by a mediocre.
was he right or worg? there are two opnions on that. and both are right.
when i saw Hussain's Maduri Dixit , i felt so tired... when i see his
Indira Gandhi i feel disappointed... but, that is not all what he has
done...he has a sense of design, and good control on line work, but he
needs to learn how to draw feet and hands, which are unecessarly
omitted from his designs, all said and done, he still is much better
painter than most most of indian artist, but not the best.

what irritated me lately about Hussain is his penchant to buy
expensive cars... i guess he lost his track, i guess when he became
famous, he simple turned into a money making machine... he himself
said  that if he sits on an egg, it will turn into gold.

that will let him down, in in the long run, i guess

with love and long life to hussain

is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com