[Reader-list] "Secular" Yasin Malik

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 19:10:49 IST 2008

Surfing through "Kashmir Watch" the unabashedly propagandist media channel supporting the separatists of Kashmir, I came across a report "Lashkar founder pledges support to Kashmiris"

Hafiz Muhammad Saeed who is the Ameer of Jama'at-Ud-Da'wah was the founder of the (inspired by "Jihad") Lashkar-e-Taiba which is recognised as a terrorist organisation by many.

The report mentions that on August 2008:

"""""" Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik and Saeed had agreed to cooperate on the Kashmir issue.

Saeed had then said that Pakistan's rulers might "have their own limitations and constraints" but the Jamat-ud-Dawah had "no constraints whatsoever and would go to the last limits in helping our Muslim brothers".""""""""

It seems quite odd that Yasin Malik who speaks about the Kashmir freedom movement being 'secular' should have 'agreed to cooperate on kashmir' with someone like Hafiz Saeed.

The following has been reported about a Feb 2007 meeting:

""""""" Lashkar chief Hafiz Muhammed Saeed declared that the “jihad in Kashmir will end when all the Hindus will be destroyed in India.”""""""

An aide of Saeed is reported as saying:

"""""""""""“jihad will spread from Kashmir to other parts of India [and] Muslims will be ruling India again.” """"""

In a Nov 2005 meeting where both Hafiz Saeed and Yasin Malik were present, Saeed had this to say about Yasin (from Daily Times):

"""""" “Through Yasin Malik, the whole Pakistan is Kashmir and whole Kashmir is Pakistan.”"""""

Another participant, Majid Nizami, Editor-in-Chief of 'Nawai Waqt' said about Yasin:

"""""" “I have heard that Malik is a jihadi-minded person and I pray to Allah to strengthen his jihad.”"""""""""""

Kshmendra