[Reader-list] media coverage of Wednesday Mumbai attacks

Kath O'Donnell aliak77 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:39:02 IST 2008

the other scene that was repeated most of the morning on cnn-ibn was
the drive by shooting. and the person next to the cameraman (journo?)
moves the man with bleeding hand's arm to the side to get a clearer
shot of it then the cameraman walks off to film something else. I hope
someone helped him. I think I'd rather see interrupted footage of the
cameraman dropping the camera to help stop his bleeding. I recorded
some of the tv footage. the newsreaders seemed to be in shock too. at
one stage all the woman could talk about was the 'landmark of mumbai'
and all the artwork lost inside. let alone the people.. it was a
difficult situation & the newsreaders are people too, but yes I think
there were a few questionable methods used in the reporting. (seems to
happen at most large events though)

http://www.aliak.com/content/vlomo08-day27-filming-or-helping
http://www.aliak.com/content/mumbai-people-advised-stay-indoors

& during the night the site reporters mentioned people had been
receiving SMS/txt messages with the licence plates of the cars that
had been stolen by the terrorists & saying 2 had escaped in the
vehicles. this was after the above scene, the licence plates were
displayed in the on screen banner. not sure what happened to them?
maybe they did the other incidents? or did they end up at nariman
house :(