[Reader-list] Muslims -- India's new 'untouchables'

Vedavati Jogi vedavati_jogi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 11:41:46 IST 2008

Following comments on this article I found very interesting
a must read

vedavati

Asra is a lier/Cheap publicty seeker. Lot of poor muslims grown up to elites like sharuk, abdul kalam etc. No Hindus discriminate them. My muslim classmate's rich family r doctors but he always supports Pakistan and he never respects India. Many in jail means ...many are doing sin rather good work and living in mainstream. Don't propagate in negative way. There are many Hindus ready to die for Abdul Kalam....no one thinking about his religion. I wonder how you are still thinking in your blackmail way even after you raised in US. when will you liberate your mind.

Submitted by: Vels
11:47 AM PST, December 1, 2008

2. "My extended family prospered as part of an educated, middle class." How did they make it in India?? - By being educated. Lack of education in the Muslim community is the problem not the Indian secular democracy.

Submitted by: Anonymous
11:46 AM PST, December 1, 2008

3. LA times..please show a little sensitivity. I am an Indian who almost had her friend killed at the Taj. We are baffled, shocked and angry beyond belief. Give us some time to heal and get rid of the anger before hurriedly inviting Naussbaum and others to write about why--after the dust has settled--Muslims are still victims and need our "understanding". Have patience with us...we will return to our apathetic lives and forget about all this..in the meantime, just dont add salt to our wounds. maybe you can just keep quite...like many of the Muslims in this country.

Submitted by: sapec
11:39 AM PST, December 1, 2008

4. By the way, what about the roles of Muslims in remaining backward? Their neighborhoods are the dirtiest, crime rates are the highest, illiteracy rates are high and the Muslim girl-child is abused by the Muslim male. This is sadly true all over India. What about lack of responsible behavior by Muslims themselves all over India? The LA Times should be ashamed of publishing a bogus and immature article. Couldn't you find someone more mature and honest in giving a balanced, point-of-view? What world is this guy/woman living in?

Submitted by: This column is intelectually bogus
11:36 AM PST, December 1, 2008

5. This deeply demented notion that Muslims are untouchables in India is not only wrong but disingenuous and the author is engaging in intellectual flatulence, with all due respect. Muslims in India have unfortunately abused their women-folk and thei religious leaders, in order to be relevant, have strived hard to cut average Muslims from the mainstream. People of all religions, castes and regions are struggling in India. This is not particularly pervasive only in Muslims. Please do not engage in such erroenoeus claims.

Submitted by: This column is intelectually bogus
11:36 AM PST, December 1, 2008

6. Please tell me what country in the world gives special privileges to its minorities like India has? Hell, we even split our motherland to India and Pakistan (and later, Bangladesh) to appease Muslims. What else do Muslims want, I ask you in exasperation???

Submitted by: This column is intelectually bogus
11:36 AM PST, December 1, 2008

7. 2. Muslims have their own civil law. Indian civil law is not applicable to them. This means, under the guise of this law, Muslims continue to abuse their womens's rights, for decades. 3. Muslims have "reservations" per Govt regulations and laws in all kinds of educational institutions, all over the country. 4. We have had Muslim presidents, powerful politicans, cricket players, movie stars, business people and educated middle class all over the nation.

Submitted by: This column is intelectually bogus
11:36 AM PST, December 1, 2008

8. With all due respect to the writer, let me let your American readers a little known fact or two: 1. The annual Haj pilgrimage for all Indian Muslims is footed by the Indian taxpayer (including people of all religions). No Hindus or Christians or Jains or Buddhists are giving this pecial treatment..

Submitted by: This column is intelectually bogus
11:35 AM PST, December 1, 2008

9. I would like to know why people move, in large numbers, to countries with different cultures than theirs? Do they want to be assimilated into the country, or are they hoping for a bloodless coup once their numbers are sufficient? I mean, really, check out the country you want to emigrate to, and if the conditions are not to your liking, STAY HOME! In America, the natives,(anyone born here), share a culture and language, and a secular government. if you need to speak Spanish, or live under a theocracy, STAY HOME! Immigrants show up late for the buffet, and then whine that all the shrimp are gone.

Submitted by: Dean
11:29 AM PST, December 1, 2008

10. why is it always the fault of the host country, not matter where they are, who have not assimilated the muslim population? In Great Britain the Indian Hindu, Sikh, and Chrisitan populations have integrated into society just fine, and in some cases are considered a great example of a minority population who have integrated into the UK. Yet it is the Pakistani Muslims who lage behind in education, salary etc...and you surely saw how they coordinated the very same terrorist groups in Pakistan as they blew themselves up on the London Tubes and Buses.

Submitted by: Vijay
11:24 AM PST, December 1, 2008

page 1 of 5

1   2   3   4   5