[Reader-list] Announcement vulture readings

Ravi Agarwal ravig64 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:30:18 IST 2008

*'The Vulture Readings.'*
*Interaction and Reflections on Ecology and Extinctions *

*48 deg C, Public Eco Art Project, Max  Muller Bhavan, *

*4 pm to 6 pm, December 18th, 2008*

**

*Speakers:*  *Confirmed:* Rana Dasgupta (writer), Salil Chatruvedi (Poet),
Vikram Soni (Physist)

*Invited - * - Sheeba Chhachhi (Artist), Amar Kanwar (Artist)

Moderator : Ravi Agarwal

and the Audience

*"It is true, we all seem to be going somewhere. Very fast, and quick. The
question is where? All around us, there are extinctions, as things get
blurred and we cannot see what we step on, all sacrificed for the sake of
the journey. But where does the journey lead to –  what would we have learnt
during it, that will form our future. It may be said that the barrenness
will be fertilized with new dreams, new hopes and new possibilities. Yet, is
that true? Do we really believe in this idea, or is the speed of the present
so exhilarating that we cannot make sense of the landscape any more, since
it is so very fuzzy? Maybe we are scared to see that it may be barren, very,
very barren.*

*It seems 'knowledge has substituted the 'knowing' of things.*

*Our 'ecologies' seem to be changing. In the way we relate to the city, or
the manner in which our network of relationships functions. In the
extinction of natural systems, of a biodiversity of ideas and connections,
the discourse is reduced.*

*When wisdom passes, do the wise pass on too?*

* *