[Reader-list] Rushdie dubs Pakistan centre of world terrorism

indersalim indersalim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:45:15 IST 2008

Dear Salman Rushdie,

You know what, we  ( Men )  both Indians and Pakistanis love to piss
at a place where everybody pisses,

 It is just takes one Man to start pissing at a particular place, and
it quickly qualifies as a favorite pissing place. This time ( of
history ) it  just happens to be Pakistan, and we all love  to piss at
it, and  then see it from a distance, and say, - Oh, see this place,
it really stinks, what to do now?

How easy it has become to hate pakistan these days.

anyway, this will go on like that, but, the reality is deeper than all that,
i guess, in many ways, White Man's foreign policies towards 'the
other' have been terrorizing the world all the time, and will
continue, with their white collars intact.

Can you really spell out what is ailing our heart, what is the name of
the disease that is making all of us sick ? what is that? The west has
given it a name : islamic terrorism?  and if it is a fact, is there a
Doctor in the west ?

Alas, you are just one more analyst, amongst millions in this world,
who come to this conclusion that Pakistan is the hub of world
terrorism. But what about the creative writer inside you, is that also
so boring, monochromatic and dull ?

what is the hope, the modernity based on western models of devastating
the environment?
or some humble return to life,

I believe, capitalism collapses, the moment consumption of the
commodities slows down. We have to devour, buy and create waste  more
and more to keep this western model of economy going, that is what
makes it tick, that is what makes us feel 'we are living', and for
that reason alone we can go to any extent, steal the resources of the
other,  tell them how wars are inevitable, and what not,

How strange, they draw and analyze the monster they create  themselves.

best of wishes to all those who live in the west and keep on analyzing
us from a distance

love to you and all
inder salim

http://indersalim.livejournal.com