[Reader-list] Is Antulay really pro-Pakistan?

Fatima फ़ातिमा fatimaschool45 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 20:46:55 IST 2008

Dear Kshmendra
Thanks for defending me earlier. I still did not say that I believe in
the conspiracy theory. My contention simply was that things are not so
black-and-white as they are being made so. In any case, Antulay also
said "Of course Karkare was killed by the terrorists - even a fool
knows that... but there is ...a terrorism plus something". We all know
that the terrorists came from Pakistan, and Karkare was in any case on
their hit-list. But some people are also saying that with his murder,
there has been a major setback to the investigation in the Malegaon
blast accused case, which is rather sad. And the BJP-family has
certainly gained out of it. When I said many Muslims believe in the
conspiracy theory, there maybe some truth in it - you have to come to
a Muslim dominated area and talk to some people to know what I am
talking about. But once again, having doubts and conspiracies doesn't
prove that they are anti-national. I am sure they are also pained by
the death of so many innocent people (and many who died in Mumbai were
Muslim), but there is some uneasiness about accepting the lead story
as truth. This also doesn't mean a denial-mode, but its simply an
insecurity that has set in in the community.

No one should believe anything as truth until and unless things have
been probed properly. I think even Shuddha is saying the same thing.
(I wonder if you would call him too anti-India). When we talk about a
probe, most assumptions and investigations start with DOUBTS. But why
does one have to take doubt as a sign of anti-nationalism. At the
moment we are all bathing in a sea of euphoric patriotism, and cannot
tolerate any DOUBT. But yes, as Shuddha says, one has to be careful
and cautious about what one says and doesn't say.

So I guess I should keep quite even I have doubts in mind, since I
have to prove my affiliation to the nation.

Fatima