[Reader-list] Antulay's theory finds many takers

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 07:21:10 IST 2008

A lot of MPs whose names do not Muslim have also sided with the Congress
cabinet minister. The issue is being communalized by the media you read. I
forgot to remind you in my previous mail in response to your mail that
wrongly said that nonmuslims are not taking Antule's theory. There are lots
of liberal Muslims who have rubbished Antule's outburst as mere bull shit.
Javed Akhtar finds this embarrassing and unnecessary, even though he did not
call it bull shit. On the other hand, I can think of Digvijay Singh and Amar
Singh who I believe are nonmuslims who have gone with Antule.
Also in your previous mail you incorrectly said that Congress is hounding
Antule. A minister of cabinet rank should have thrown out immediately for
speking against his onw party's government according to our political
tradition, but the old Antule is still there. Doesn't sound like any
hounding happening as yet. Yes a BJP mp who has a Muslim name has been very
vociferously vocal against Congress veteran Antule. So madam, it seems the
writers of the two mails you forwarded either did not consider all the
facts, or chose to ignore them. I think they like to communalize the
situation and I don't think this helps anyone.