[Reader-list] "Second Thoughts" censorship on Kafila.org

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 17:48:52 IST 2008

Dear Shivam

Your answer is as pathetic as the Anti-India propaganda in some of your postings.

My comment was published on the site and subsequently censored out. Censored out by you as you have admitted. Censored out after it was approved for publication by whoever first Moderated my comment and let it be published.

My comment did not get posted on KAFILA by hacking. The comment followed the 'due process' in the PRIVATE KAFILA for approval of comments submitted. It got posted. You censored it out.

You need to expand your understanding of 'censorship'. It includes the 'deletion" of communicative/communicated material.

If your narrow interpretation is taken that "censorship" is an excercise only by the "State", then you acted as the "State". The "State" censors on the basis of what it thinks are justifiable reasons. What were your reasons for the "censoring"? Just a dictatorial and authoritarian whim?

Is this how insecure you are about being contested/critiqued on some of the nonsense you write/propagate?

Kshmendra