[Reader-list] "Blood Brothers" (Redrawing borders)

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 16:18:58 IST 2008

Ralph Peter wrote an article "Blood Brothers - How a better Middle East would look" in Armed Forces Journal (USA) of June '06.

It is claimed as  ".... an exercise that attempts to conceive a fairer, if still imperfect, amendment of national boundaries between the Bosporus and the Indus."

This article came to my attention because of it's being the subject of an article "Erroneous Maps" by Fasi Zaka in The News of 25th Dec 2008.

Apparently the Ralph Peters article has been much discussed / criticised in Pakistan for it being "evidence of the sinister plan for the dismemberment of our country".

The Fasi Zaka article puts gives a fairn and intelligent analysis of and perspective for the Ralph Peters article and I would reccommend that being read first  http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=153695

The Ralph Peters article is at http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2006/06/1833899

Kshmendra