[Reader-list] News Items posted on the net on Multipurpose NationalIdentity Cards-6

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 20:48:35 IST 2008

Dear all and Taha. As I said in my earlier mail that I am not speaking as an expert in this matter. Your claims are, I am sure, based on research and my assertions are based on what I think a common sense approach.

My reference to US was not to argue that since US has such a system in place, India too must go for it. I just wanted to maintain that it doesn't have to be a private firm issuing the cards.
It is in country like ours that we have to prove our identity to demonstrate that we belong  to the country we were born in. As I stated in an earlier mail that sometimes people have to prove that they are actually not dead or that their signifiers have been misappropriated by their relatives. I also said earlier that one multipurpose identity card (may be a passport issued at birth) can make all other identity cards redundant. But since I have all this andd I have nothing new to add, I must not waste the time of the list. Thanks for reading.
Regards