[Reader-list] BANGLADESH: Yes, I Voted ;hopes & wishe

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 10:20:50 IST 2008

Dear Naeem,

Thanks for posting the link to your article. I congratulate you for the
return of democracy in Bangladesh.

On a completely different note though, while reading your article Yes I
voted, I found the following entry of interest-

9:45 Amma is already home. She's upset. They were unable to find her voter
number, even though she showed her National ID Card. Oh oh. "*Ki ekta
jhamela*." My father says she can sort it out later. "Yes, but I can't vote
later."

It seems that even having a National Identity Card cannot completely solve
the problem of identity as some of us in India would like all of us to
believe.

Regards

Taha