[Reader-list] Hey from Paul/Dj Spooky - Michael Jackson!!!

Paul D. Miller anansi1 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 2 23:16:32 IST 2008

Hey y'all - I know I'm not normally the one to think about Michael Jackson, but when his people got in touch with me to comment on the 25th Anniversary of his album "Thriller," it was hard to turn down. The podcasts of the interviews and commentary will be up and running in a couple of days. For me, Thriller was one of the weirdest albums to hear as a kid, and the re-release should be interesting. They have crazy video stuff of Michael Jackson behind the scenes (no need to comment on how strange that could be!) and lots of other interesting goodies. For anyone who is into music of the last 30 years, regardless of how strange MJ has been... this is an often hilarious look into one of pop culture's most intriguing figures. And yes... there will be remixes!!!

Paul

Info below:

ThrillerCast: A Free Thriller 25th Anniversary podcast series

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s multi-platinum, multi-award winning album Thriller, Legacy Recordings is proud to present Thrillercast: A groundbreaking podcast event dedicated to the 25th anniversary celebration of the world's biggest selling album of all time, "Thriller".

The 40-episode podcast will run throughout 2008 and feature icons of music and screen, including hip-hop legend DMC, current superstars Akon, Nick Cannon, Kanye West, Chris Brown, will.i.am, Quincy Jones, Imogen Heap, choreographers Shane Sparks and Mia Michaels, turntablist DJ Spooky as well as many more special guests. Each guest sat down with us to discuss their experiences with Thriller, the various singles and videos, and its influence on them, both personally and professionally. Their stories are each unique and profound and singular in their message: Thriller was a game-changer across the board.

25 Years ago, Michael Jackson created what would become the biggest selling album of all time, Thriller. In 2008, Legacy Recordings is proud to present Thrillercast, a year-long podcast event featuring legends of music, film and culture taking you behind the scenes to their own experiences with Michael and hearing the album for the first time. Thrillercast launches on February 12th with Run-DMCs Darryl McDaniels.
The free podcasts start today with "Episode 0", a teaser of what's to come, with a new episode available (roughly) each week starting on February 12. To be sure you and your readers don't miss an episode, subscribe the following ways:

Embed the ThrillerCast widget into your web page: http://www.springwidgets.com/widgets/view/22851/
Through an RSS Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/thrillercast
Listen at the Official Michael Jackson website: http://www.michaeljackson.com/
Or subscribe via iTunes or Zune