[Reader-list] On ignoring Taslima

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Tue Feb 12 13:28:32 IST 2008

Well appreciated good views and thoughts representing perhaps the silent
majority of true muslims
  .In any faith, there are silent majority who would love to live good life,
both at materialistic, intellectual and spiritual spheres and the system of
governance always takes it for granted this silence majority and tries to
coerce such majority when an election is around the corner with the typical
foisted "leaders" in those communities, methods of coercion differ with
funds of the political parties and access to national exchequer.
 A democratic nation needs a system of good governance that has legislatures
who abide by the rules, not get above the laws, beaurocrats who execute laws
without fear or favour, judiciary which is accountable to society, to
adjudicate without fear or favour and is of good morals and ethics, but is
it too much to expect where material gains are more important than good life
for all in society. ?
  Freedom of expression of an individual or a society is not absolute , is
correct and right as long as it does not impinge other individuals and
societies.In a civil society, if some individuals take license in the guise
of freedom of expression to express their dissent in moderate views, that
certainly is good for the society to have an introspection of itself and
correct the ills in society.
   With media and technology, we have now celebrity anchors who live on
miseries of the humanity, with new HR perks of promotion and titles, awards
and rewards, but are they truely journalists or just celebrity anchors who
have absolutely no social responsibilty in media. ?
   Taslima, Hussain and many dissenters have become celebrities more because
of these anchors who love to titillate and sensationalise every incident
when a Raj Thackeray utters some views it is played out every half hour
again and again and the reaction of an Abu Azmi is then more of a repeat of
hit for the masses, thus provoking the elephantine societies to have a go at
each other as more news and breaking news is created of induced rift and
earthquake in peaceful society, thanks to hungry more for more news attitude
of whatever it takes to create news, even at the cost of destruction of
tranquil societal peace, such anchors should first be taken care of by laws
of the nation, booked and prosecuted for the same offence as a Raj or Abu,
as otherwise the mob takes care of them which is highly undesirable.
 Regards.