[Reader-list] References/literature on metro rail systems

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Fri Feb 15 18:41:15 IST 2008

Hi,

 metro rail basically is a concept, where the rails in the transport system in metros run below the ground level, like in mega metro cities of London, also known as tube rail, or in Neyyork, inderground rail system.In such a system, the boarding and alighting is done at underground stations,  and the entire work is carried out with huge tunnelling machines below the ground level at around 500 feet, but indian metro seems to be on the metro grounds, thus causing great inconvenience to all citizens, be it business, residence or road usage.

  Regards.