[Reader-list] Terrorist Yasin Malik at the India Today Conclave

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:46:25 IST 2008

Wonder what happened to Government of India's stand on declaring JKLF as a
banned terrorist organisation. Till sometime back it surely was in the list
as proven by this below given summary on MHA Website. This surely leads to
something shocking. Readers can surely understand what we are into.

Thanks - Aditya Raj Kaul

* *

*BAN ON JKLF EXTENDED*

* *

*From MHA Website -
http://pib.nic.in/archieve/lreleng/lyr98/l0298/PIBR180298.html*

    *T*he Central Government have decided to further extend the ban on JKLF
in view of the continued anti-national activities of the JKLF. A
notification to this effect has been issued on 17.2.98. This ban will be
valid for a period of two years from 17.2.98.

    Incidentally, the Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) is an
association, with the aim of secession of the State of Jammu & Kashmir from
the Union of India. In view of its activities being prejudicial to the
security and integrity of the nation, JKLF was declared as an Unlawful
Association under the provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act
1967 on 18th February, 1992. The ban was extended for a further period of
two years in February, 1994 and in February, 1996.

*UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES (PREVENTION) TRIBUNAL ISSUES TO JKLF*

   * T*he unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal has issued a show cause
notice to the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) asking them as to
why they should not be declared unalwful. The notice also says that why the
notification issued on 17th February, 1998 declaring JKLF, including its
members, activists, armed groups, sympathisers and self-styled leaders
operating inside India and abroad, as unlawful should not be confirmed.
    JKLF has been asked to send its reply to the tribunal within 30 days of
this showcause notice issued on 28th March, 1998.