[Reader-list] kashmiri Muslim, Kashmir Pandit ( your face, your hair )

messart delhi messart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:21:32 IST 2008

Dear Arif, Dear Ajay

Rasul chu zanith deen te mazhab rokh te zulf chaen
Kav zani kayah gov kufu te islam nigaro
 Your face and your hair. That is all I know about different forms of
Religion. How come, I am expected to know what is Islamic or what is
un-islamic. ( Rasool Mir- poet Kashmir

Your face and your hair: Kashmiri Pandits and Kashmiri Muslims,
although in contrast, but they belong to one language, one poet, one
unique civilization: a singularity.

Kashmiri Muslims yearn for " a just Kashmir" in contrast to Kashmiri
Pandits who want " a just India's Kashmir"  Right!
I believe, this whole conflict is embedded in the desireā€¦ how to utter
the inner core of the respective beings involved.
Both the parties, by now, need to realize that it is a long drawn
conflict, so they need to sustain, and see who is outwitting the
other, if they are truly into the game of language. Both of them can
engage their beings into that 'Kasheer thing' deeply, if there is a
inner need to enter that Aag ka darya hai aur doob kay jana hai.
Needless to mention that all actions finally translate into to signs
and help us to generate other sings and symbols and future actions,
and therefore, language with capital L. Language is not a dry subject;
there is blood in it. Just see how we read history, and how easily we
get so involved.  All I want is a serious involvement, and not a
sentimental one.

How to say the same thing that does not seem out of place. Words tell
us the secret of this and don't tell us, even.
" .. that the imagination depends on words. Words complete our
fantasies, fill in their gaps, support their inconsistency, prolong
them, enrich them with what cannot be seen or touched" Jean Paul
Sartre.

I personally appreciate any effort that rips the word, because,
language is out there to be treated as  vegetable or a chicken under
the knife. One can be  thousand times wrong grammatically but one can
not be shallow or trivial. There is nothing sacred or profane in the
word,  it in-it-self yearns for a bolder approach, a passionate
penetrator.

Here, Faiz, in fact never abandoned the romantic or the political
even. One can see  that "Your face and your hair in his poem
simultaneously.  Can we too do it. That is a challenge ?

If I don't seem drifting too far, I believe, Meera had something to
with Socrates. Not only because they had to drink poison in the end
but they had a unique power to outwit the establishment. Meera mingled
with the other and the popular and lifted it to the heights of
metaphysical and so did secretes when he said while drinking hemlock "
now I see my face merging with the mask "  There was intense political
hidden in both, besides that personal " Knowthyself".

with love
inder salim
--

MESSart: mental,environmental,social sync art