[Reader-list] what non-Muslims say about Quran, Islam

anoop kumar anoopkheri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:08:38 IST 2008

Dear Chanchal

I am sorry to respond to your long private mail in the public space. But i
felt necessary to do so as your views only represents a mindset that is
prevalent among majority of the present generation middle-class
caste-hindus. And more so, this mindset is the biggest obstacle in the
progress of my 'nation'. I hope you would not mind.  I have tried to respond
to some of your  points below. i will be happy if you give some thought to
it.

*>>**    **I do not know what has happened to the Indians...*
*Why do they want to kill their own nation... Let me ask you few things...*
*1. You have the sense to say 'Javed Bhai', but you are abusing your own
countrymen in the name of Caste - this is how you want to unite the
nation...* *<<*

Unfortunately we might be sharing the same geographical space but definetly
i refuse to be part of your 'nation' as your nation's ideals are quite
anathema to me and as a Dalit I have no interest being  fourth-grade citizen
of your nation. Unlike your nation,  my nation  ideals are  pretty
well-defined  through its constitution that preaches equality, liberty and
fraternity towards all. So the onus of working for uniting your nation does
not fall on me. In fact all my energy are channelized to subvert your
nation.

*>>* *2*. *Dr. Ambedkar actually legalized Caste System and He had no sense
of Bhagwad Geeta. Nowhere in Bhagwad Geeta has been written about Caste
system, nor is the Varna Arrangement a by birth theory. Read the books
yourself to know the facts* *>>*

Yup you are absolutely correct only brahmins and other caste-hindus can make
sense of Bhagwat Gita. Dr. Ambedkar, being born a dalit, was definetly
non-meritorious and so am I.  So there is absolutely no need for me to read
Gita too as i will also never be able to make sense.
*
>>* 3. *Do you go to temples? If yes, how many temples in India have you
found that has implemented a system of recognizing caste and then allowing
people to enter the temple. I agree there are few incidences (particularly
in South), but there are more political reason behind it rather than
religious* *<<

*No dear I dont go to any temples. Then also I can vouch that most of the
temples in this country prohibit the entry of  some or the other dalit
community. However, it is pointless to give you proof because you will never
believe that and more so the temple entry at this juncture of our struggle
has lost its importance for my community. No more we are intrested with the
temple entry thing hence you will not find dalit movement bothered about
this issue after independence. Please keep your temples with yourself,
Dalits are too happy to go without it. *
*
more later

anoop
**
PS- I will reply to rest of ur points too but in my later mails as i really
dont have much time. hope you will not mind.