[Reader-list] Remebering Our Netaji

shuddha at sarai.net shuddha at sarai.net
Wed Jan 23 12:30:23 IST 2008

I am not so inclined to remember the man who was so willing to dance an
elaborate tango with Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo and Stalin, except to remember
that he was culpable for the massacre of very large number of people on the
Burma Siam Railroad, and in the Andaman Islands during the second world
war.I think that our part of the world was spared a tragic tryst with his
own home grown but Nazi cultivated variant of Fascism when that fateful
plane went up in flames on taking off from Taipei airport at the end of the
Second World War.