[Reader-list] Iconoclasm and a quest for hired limousines

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Thu Jan 24 13:30:19 IST 2008

Shuddha,

  thanks for your post to bring back the "objective" look at history and archives. But being emotional in responses in the process always takes objectivity out of the debates as is the norm.

  As regards, histroy it must be remembered that objective look and journalising the vents of yester years is now coloured by the looks of the writer, no more objective, as different writers write the history as they view it, grasp it, like to portray it. The written histories, each of them only give partial vies from the view point of writers, so it is always better to read and grasp as many versions of archives as possible and then digest what is right and the true factual position of the vents that hae gone in to the sands of time. !
  Now, this Bharatha varshas has seen many rulers, some good, some rank bad and some ugly when the rule got influenced by what the rulers percieved as good for their subjects, and in all such cases the ruler, or king always tried to impose what he/she thought was good to his/her subjects and the result is intolerence to any objects which that ruler percieved as not right for his subjects. be it a hindu king, buddhist king, muslim ruler, or of any faith, the ruler always tried to foist what he believed as right and correct for his subjects, in the process none have been tolerent to other symbols of faith, be it temples, churches or mosques. So, in the free nation, today, as we are living in supposed to be secular India, where religion has no place in good governance, the fact that every ruler today irrespective which political spectrum and colour belongs to is at it again when it is absolutely should be left to the citizrens to have their choice of worship.History gives out t
he role of different kings in destruction of temples, by different rulers, but moot point is now in free India, the right is sought to be imposed by wrongs and not by tolerent negotiated correction of wrongs with mutual accommodation. That is the issue.
  Regards.