[Reader-list] An old saying

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Sat Jan 26 14:01:55 IST 2008

Jeebesh,

    announcement of Padma awards took me back into memories of my school days, when my teacher in a general discussion had told us that way to heart is thru stomach, way to awards and rewards is to keep the ruler in good humour.

   As I saw the list of awardees and rewardees I could not but remember those words of my school teacher and hence some random thoughts, -

     Over the last sixty years the Padma awardees are mostly from the ruler parties. ! Very few really did anytthing worthwhile for the society they lived in with very few exceptional persons in the list, but one thing common in all the rewardees is all of them were for sure good in keeping the rulers in good humour. ?

    Now the awards to Barkha Dutt and Rajdeep Sardesai of visual media is certainly reward for the rabid follow up in their "good " work for the ruling party in general elections held in Gujarath, even as society tried to heal the wounds of the hurt, their channels were stoking the flames of spent footage and more visuals of the past to inflame the society with more hate, so award as reward is fully justified for these "journalists". ?

   Regards.