[Reader-list] Listening To Grasshoppers [Arundhati Roy]

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Wed Jan 30 20:06:25 IST 2008

On 30-Jan-08, at 6:10 PM, Nitesh Bhatnagar wrote:

> Armed with this reading of history, is it reasonable to worry about
> whether a country that is poised on the threshold of "progress" is
> also poised on the threshold of genocide?

Somewhere last 200 years seems to be showing this link. It will
worthwhile to think how this works out. We can count numerous
instance of "out of my way" world views played out with enormous
violence. How do we think this? By counting instances of such
occurrences, do we get a better grip on this? or accumulation makes
us think that this is the only way the worlds are made and thus the
only way for future world making?

Is there possible other ways of making the world?

warmly
jeebesh