[Reader-list] Hindus save masjid in Akhnoor

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:11:02 IST 2008

Jammu, July 2: Setting an example of communal harmony and brotherhood, the
Hindu of Jorian village in Akhnoor saved Masjid from a protesting mob, who
tried to throw stones on it, here Wednesday morning.
Witnesses said that a group of protesters reached to village Jorian and
tried to throw stones on the Masjid, but the local Hindus over powered them
and did not allow them to harm the Masjid.
"How we can allow any miscreant to harm this Masjid which has been
constructed by our Muslim brothers" Anil Kumar told NAK adding that
differences over the government decision could be there but we can not harm
each other.
However, the protesting mob left the village and the local Hindus threaten
them of serious consequences if they again tried to do any such activity in
the village.
A prominent social worker from Jammu Sunita Bangotra has appealed people of
the communities to maintain peace and tranquility.
She appreciated the members of Hindu community who set an example of
communal harmony by stopping some miscreants from stoning Masjid in Jorian
area of Akhnoor.
She said peace lies in communal harmony and those who wanted to gains vote
bank should not play politics in the name of religion.
Kishore Kumar, a local journalist told NAK that though the protesters tried
to harm the Masjid but the local villagers stopped them.
He said that this was the first time the Hindus are safe guarding the Muslim
religious place in the area, adding the efforts of the members of the Hindu
community were appreciated by number of the people who later assembled at
the place.
The Hindu community members later assured their Muslim brothers of every
help in case they are targeted by the miscreants.
http://www.greaterkashmir.com/full_story.asp?Date=3_7_2008&ItemID=3&cat=21

--
Rashneek Kher
Wandhama Massacre-The Forgotten Human Tragedy