[Reader-list] Letter to the editor

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:29:22 IST 2008

Dear Sonia,

This gentleman must be a chip of the old block.Though I still vouch that an
individual Kashmiri Muslim is more generous than his Pandit counterpart but
when in a mob......
Deenuk Thamb chus seenas tayn...(Religion presides over everything else
then)

Best

Rashneek

On 7/3/08, S. Jabbar <sonia.jabbar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> Pasting below a letter to the editor from the Kashmir Observer.  This is
> the
> spirit of generosity that has been absent in the entire debate/fight/war on
> the land transfer issue.
> Best
> Sj
>
> -------------------
>
> Dear Editor,
> My humble greetings. I write to you as a brother of Islam and a fellow
> human
> being.
> The mockery of religion and politics that is unfolding in the Valley brings
> me to shame.
> As disturbing as this charade is, perhaps more disheartening is the fact
> that a small gesture offering comfort to people has been mauled into a
> grotesque show of power and threat.
> I fail to understand how this can happen and am afraid to ask why. My
> conscience is unable to accept the answer.
> I ask you, sir, what has happened to compassion towards fellow human
> beings,
> as directed by our Prophet Mohammad? Can't we show a little consideration
> for people on a pilgrimage?
> Jammu and Kashmir belong to a free, democratic country. Then why this
> chaining of basic human right? Aren't providing amenities a fundamental
> duty
> of any government? Why drag a sacred entity like religion into this matter?
> The Haj is a sacred pilgrimage for you and me. I would like to see every
> Muslim going on the Haj, comfortable on his commune with God. Won't our
> Hindu brothers and sisters going on the Amarnath Yatra require the same
> consideration? These pilgrims don't even have hygienic toilet arrangements,
> medical facilities and a roof over their heads. Can't we extend some
> compassion towards them?
> Creating a hue and cry by political parties is irresponsible and ignorant.
> Misguiding young minds by claiming that 'Islam is in danger'. The real
> danger is when we forget the teachings of our Prophet.
> Lets safeguard the true tenets of Islam by standing up of the rights of our
> fellow human beings. Lets urge the centre to stop all grants to Jammu and
> Kashmir until the human rights of every individual ­ irrespective of caste
> and creed ­ are safeguarded. I urge you to spread the message of Allah, of
> peace and compassion. Lets each raise a voice against this atrocity.
> Faizal Sheikh
> on email

Rashneek Kher
Wandhama Massacre-The Forgotten Human Tragedy
http://www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com