[Reader-list] Amaranth Land Issue

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Sat Jul 5 15:53:58 IST 2008

Dear Tapas,

   your write up made very interesting read, but alas, for me being hindu is way of life, in this way of life, there is place for all other ways of life, being an athiest is also okay in this way of life just as a ritualist life for some one, for many rituals are just rituals with out even knowing the reasons for the rituals, but even that is alright in hindu way of life. My mother is this part of continent, I rever it as my haven, without any quotes, I feel we can make it haven for all good, as laws of land are supreme if implemented properly, sternly without fear or favour. Any one in governance when he takes oath of governance without fear or favour time and again it is proved that in free India, sixty years of governance has been with fear and favours to the caste, faith and region, it is then not democratic rule of law.

  All of us have friends who may follow different ways of worship, lifestyles or beliefs but what matters is huamne approach to life, compassionate, considerate and responsive to all in our lives. Rule of laws which should not be, never be discriminative in sharing and caring every citizen irrespective of his color, faith, region and caste can make India heavenon earth.

   As to RSS, no doubt even that organisation is now seeing the winds of changes in societal life, chinthan baitaks of austere meetings are much comfortable in holding , ministers and every one are no more in the same platform in common seating arrangements, as some are becoming more equal than others in seating arrangements.! But basically, when nation was divided on the faith of being a nation for muslims, it is logical that muslims have to get relocated in the nation that they wanted. ?

   And just for the sake of arguments, hindus you say, are in majority, but the truth of the matter is hindu society after british rule is most divided society, thanks to the game of caste feel of the society. Only the movement of pride united the hindu society against the barbaric riots of the fanatics, acknowleding the fact that riots bring miseries to all even if they are muslims. ?

   As of today, it is the turn of united muslims who are now divided as shias, sunnis, and one can count another half a dozen denomination of the divisive sects.

   But for me basically, all the communes united in the nation, makes the nation a force to reckon with which none dare to violate even in their dreams. All sections of the society need to be united as threads of a stron rope that is our nation, just as all sections of thesociety shall be governed fairly without fear or favour to any segment. Only then we can say that we are successful in democratic life of live and let live. That comes only with lot more tolerence and patience. Shraddha and saburi, that is faith in ourselves to be good, patience in each of us to be tolerent of each other is the need of the hour to the nation.

  Regards.