[Reader-list] Scuffle near Hazratbal; Shabir Shah among 14 injured

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 17:00:37 IST 2008

Dear Inder Salim

I wish I had understood what point you were trying to make.

What I did notice is your quoting me partially and out of context and then using that to put a spin on my words so that you could indulge in innuendos and make judgements about me.

I was talking of having respect for the 'constant political position' of people whoever it may be. Geelani was an example for the sake of comparing with (what I see as) hypocritical declamations of the "moderate" Hurriyatis (especially Umar Farooq) and their claims of their brand of the "Hurriyat" call being a 'secular' one. It is called 'munaafaqat'.

Just to explain it further, I similarly have respect for the 'constant political position' of Yasin Malik in that he wants (or used to want) the erstwhile princely State of Jammu & Kashmir to be an Independent Country with it's territories freed from both Indian and Pakistani control. Again I say this at the risk of being lynched by my KP brethren. Yasin, in proclaiming his having eschewed violence was foolish enough to admit that he (and/or JKLF) had previous to that indulged in 'killings'

I disagree with both positions, of Geelani and Yasin, but that does not stop me from acknowledging their constancy.

Inder you talk about my 'positions' but you obviously have no idea of what they are. You only presume.

Anyone who seeks to disturb the peace in my country India is for me an enemy of the nation. Anyone who seeks to break-up India or bring in violent divides between it's people is for me an enemy of India. They should be recognised as, dealt with and treated as enemies. Before your make another presumption, the 'recognising', 'dealing with' and 'treating' as enemies neither automatically means nor is suggested by me should be done by repressive means or incarceration or State Violence.

The affiliations of these 'enemies' are of no importance. They could be from Hurriyat Conference, or JKLF or RSS or VHP or Bajrang Dal or SIMI or any other organisation.

Kshmendra