[Reader-list] Scuffle near Hazratbal; Shabir Shah among 14 injured

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 20:18:58 IST 2008

dear kshmendra

in the least i expect you not to contest the fact fact that the
country is run by thugs and dynasty politics or regligous fanatics.

and like you, i too want indians to win a cricket or hockey match, but
that does not dilute my whatever understanding of the freedom of human
spirit, you are free  to have your own convictions...but please
forgive me to quote again, this time not out of context, i believe,

jis thaali mein se khao, ussi mein cheid karo" (demolish the hearth
that gives you your food).
'
is the indian map a 'thaali' which we use to eat, but where we
defecate ?.... not in pakistan, i beleive,  but actually here in
india...and that is not  unntural... and who owns this thaali? and you
know if there is someone who is denied a space to share this 'thaali'
why on earth this thaali is spared from punctures ( cheid ).  just
imagine if you were not born in a Brahmin family but in a landless
dalit family of Bihar or orrisa,  the same applies to a  'wattul'
(chamar) of kashmir. when we say we are nationalist we really defecate
on this kind of other, who is being harrassed by the state, whose
dignity has yet to be restored, who is still wondering about his being
labelled as Harijaan, it is indeed sad.

now profoundly, which i know you will not contest either

this is from poet abdul ahad zargar from kashmir

yeth seet nikam parim ba tadbeer, tas hinzay babi chom dam dam sheer
( i suckled the nipples of someone with whom i got married ) ( oh, the
translation is terrible)

now, here even the meaning of incest get reversed....
we are bound to arrive at new meaning once we are willing to expose
our beings to that unpridictable of reality....

jis thaali mein se khao, ussi mein cheid karo" (demolish the hearth
that gives you your food).now please re-read your own quoted phrase,
thre is something good in it,

as i see the text written on the trucks

buri nazar walay tara munh kala,  ( go to hell if you think ill about me )

but there are some other trucks which read
buri nazar walay tera be bhalla. ( god luck to you even if you think
ill about me )

choice is ours, what we want for others, once we are gone,

love
inder salim