[Reader-list] Fwd: FACT Exhibition at IHC

pankhuree dube pankhuree at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 02:23:43 IST 2008

Dear Mr. Sengupta,Thank you for your incisive critique of the IHC exhibit. I look forward to reading your contributions to this listserv and I am not disappointed by your comments on this discussion.    I am curious to know why you think the Naxalite insurgency intensified in tribal areas after adivasis achieved their demands for statehood in Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh. I wonder if the Naxalite movement is tapping into a larger vein of discontent in rural India. Although the economic success of urban centers receives a lot of coverage in the Indian mainstream media, the continuing oppression of tribals, landless laborers and peasants tends to be ignored, or covered only intermittently. I see the Naxalite movement as merely one expression of the intensification of the rural-urban divide wherein urban centers continue to extract resources from the countryside, ignore rural development needs, and de-humanize those who face crushing poverty in these areas. Scholars like historian Ramachandra Guha and observers from the Asian Centre for Human Rights maintain that the adivasis are merely the foot-soldiers of the Naxalite movement which is led by a Commander Kosa based in Andhra Pradesh. I agree with your lack of sympathy for the violence employed by the Naxals. My interest is in the political solutions innovated by the adivasis themselves. I think the communitarian politics and political philosophy of the adivasis gets ignored by journalists who merely talk of the tribals as guerrillas or victims.
   In this regard, Mr. Kaul made an intriguing comment about the Dalits engaging in peaceful 'remedial measures' from within the political system, i.e through the Bahujan Samaj Party. But one criticism directed at the BSP is that they have begun to ignore the demands of the majority of Dalits, the rural poor. Since the adivasis in central India are generally forest-dependent and non-urban people, a BSP-type political solution may not be as attainable or even suitable for them. Organizing a political party may be easier for urban groups and also, less appropriate for a group (such as the tribals) that perceives the nation-state as an illegitimate, occupying force which sanctions oppression.
    So, my question for you and others is: What are the political solutions--which you may know of--being employed by adivasis, for adivasis?
   I hope you can make sense of my jumble of thoughts!> From: shuddha at sarai.net> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:51:43 +0530> To: mail at shivamvij.com> CC: reader-list at sarai.net> Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Fwd: FACT Exhibition at IHC> > Dear Shivam.> > I for one do not symathise at all with the Naxalite project, because > I think it represents an authoritarian-state capitalist form of power > that is potentially just as ruthless as the one it wants to replace. > Maoism in practice, when it has been a ruling power is nothing if not > an extremely coercive form of state power. The history of China, > particularly with reference to the forced famines of the 'Great Leap > Forward' period, (which themselves are reminiscent of the forced > famines and extreme brutality that characterized Stalinist > interventions in the Soviet countryside during the 1930s) is not > something I either look forward to, or have any nostalgia for. Mao Xe > Dong, like Stalin, Pol Pot, Franco, Mussolini, Hitler, Ayatollah > Khomeini, and the statesmen of the Imperial west cannot be > characterised in the judgement of history as anything other than in > terms of the violence of their tyranny.> > However, if disposessed tribals rely on armed Naxal dalams for a > momentary respite against the rapacious violence of state supported > militias and the legitimate security forces of the Indian republic, I > am not inordinately surprised. Nor do I find it necessary to be > judgemental of this. My political opposition to the Naxal project > does not for a moment distract me into condemning those amongst the > labouring poor who for practical reasons that have to do with matters > of life and death, choose to become its partisans.> > I hope this clarifies things a little> > regards> > Shuddha> > > On 12-Jul-08, at 7:39 PM, Shivam Vij शिवम् विज् wrote:> > > Dear Shuddha,> >> > I completely agree with you that an ordinary tribal would be wont > > to choose the Naxalite over the corporate-criminal called the > > Indian politician. On 'informal security personnel', I am less sure > > if all the victims can be characterised thus. This is true of Bihar > > and Jharkhand - indeed, there has been more than enough evidence > > that the Ranvir Sena was promoted and supported by mainstream > > political parties. But this is not an open and shut case, it leaves > > us with questions, perhaps banal ones. The political activist who > > uses violence in response to Naxalism, the political activist whose > > violence begets support for Naxalism... did the chicken come first > > or the egg? Then again, I have heard of these political parties > > appeasing Naxalites, particularly in Jharkhand, for support in > > elections.> >> > And then there might be those who have been appointed > > administrators by the Indian state, the collector or the patwari, > > who are also similarly targeted by Naxalites just because they > > represent the Indian state. As representatives of the Indian state, > > they do carry out the agenda of looting the mineral-rich regions, > > displacing the tribals to nowhere... I wonder where the buck began > > and where it stops, I wonder if I can sympathise, politically > > speaking, with the Naxalite project even one bit because a > > displaced tribal has joined the naxalite dalam...> >> > best> > shivam> >> >> > On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Shuddhabrata Sengupta > > <shuddha at sarai.net> wrote:> > Dear Shivam,> >> >> >> > I agree with you substantially on this matter.> >> >> >> > As for those who hose who (in your words)> >> >> represent the Indian state but are not security personnel. > >> (includes all those who are involved in mainstream, electoral > >> politics)> >>> >> > Yes, they too must be counted amongst the civilian casualties, and > > I have absolutely no doubt at all about the fact that those called > > 'Naxals' use intimidation and terror against them. Several of these > > people (who have interests in the Indian state in electoral terms > > but are not security personnel) however, are not simply unarmed > > political workers. Some are, many are not. Included amongst them > > are especially the party workers of the Rashtriya Janata Dal, the > > Janata Dal (United), the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (all factions) the > > Communist Party of India, the Communist Party of india (Marxist), > > the Congress, the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Samajwadi Party. > > All these people are also quite well armed. They too use terror and > > intimidation as an everyday feature of their political methods > > (whenever necessary), just as the so called 'Naxals' do. I have > > often wondered how we might characterize this population. Your > > response gives me a pointer, perhaps they could be called the > > 'informal insecurity personnel of the Indian state'> >> >> > I am not for a moment suggesting that anyone is innocent here, and > > I certainly hold no brief for the retrograde left-nationalist > > variety of politics that calls itself 'Maoism'. However, I can see > > why, if the interests of the indigenous tribal poor of these areas > > are threatened by the state, which, in cahoots with large corporate > > mining interests, seeks to disposess people of their land, why they > > would not be utterly indifferent to the brand of politics that > > Maoism represents. Given a choice between a body of highly armed > > men who want to throw you out of your land, and disrupt your way of > > life, and another body of armed men, who fight the first body of > > armed men, forming a temporary, non-ideological and pragmatic > > alliance with the second body of armed men is not an irrational > > choice.> >> >> >> > The largest body of victims however, would in all probability be - > > simply - ordinary human beings who do not necessarily hold or > > advertize their political and quasi-criminal affiliations in this > > protracted gang war. I think these nuances, however, are lost on > > the easy categorizations presented to us by FACT and other such > > entities.> >> >> >> > I hope I have made myself abundantly clear.> >> >> >> > regards> >> >> >> > Shuddha> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > On 12-Jul-08, at 6:31 PM, Shivam Vij शिवम् विज् > > wrote:> >> >> >> Dear Shuddha,> >>> >>> >>> >> One is as usual grateful to you for illuminating what was > >> deliberately> >>> >> hidden. Naxalism is the sort of far Left political mobilisation that> >>> >> evokes interesting responses from left, left-liberals,> >>> >> liberals-but-not-leftists, Marxists, post-Marxists - and similar> >>> >> gradients of the right. So it is indeed important to know where an> >>> >> anti-Naxal response is coming from, and so one is grateful for your> >>> >> frisking in this case.> >>> >>> >>> >> Just one thing: the civilian casualties you point to, no doubt > >> include> >>> >> innocents killed by security forces, but they also include those who> >>> >> represent the Indian state but are not security personnel. This> >>> >> includes all those who are involved in mainstream, electoral politics> >>> >> and who are killed for just that.> >>> >>> >>> >> (To digress, this reminds of an important point made by Prashant Jha> >>> >> in this travel essay on Naxalism -> >>> >> http://www.himalmag.com/2007/december/ > >> cover_feature_india_naxatile.html> >>> >> - one that few make: Naxalism thrives where democratic politics was> >>> >> already weak, of left or right, and once Naxalism begins to take > >> root,> >>> >> it prevents democratic politics from spreading.)> >>> >>> >>> >> In the case of Chhattisgarh, no doubt the civilian casualties are> >>> >> largely coming from Salwa Judum atrocities, but perhaps equally from> >>> >> Naxalites killing those who join Salwa Judum, or seek to, or > >> refuse to> >>> >> join either. While Chattisgarh's average stats have an over- > >> bearing of> >>> >> the Salwa Judum-caused figures, I think it is important to remember> >>> >> while talking of Naxalism that Salwa Judum is present only in one of> >>> >> the 160 (or whatever the claim is by whoever) districts that are> >>> >> 'Naxalite affected'. This is not to downplay the mayhem that a> >>> >> state-run militia is causing in the Dantewada district of the Basatar> >>> >> plateau, but Dantewada is not India.> >>> >>> >>> >> best> >>> >> shivam> >>> >>> >>> >> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Shuddhabrata Sengupta> >>> >> <shuddha at sarai.net> wrote:> >>> >>> Dear Aditya, dear Pankhuree, dear all,> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> Thank you, Aditya, for forwarding information about the FACT> >>>> >>> (Foundation Against Continuing Terrorism) sponsored exhibition> >>>> >>> titled: 'Naxalism: A Threat to the Unified Nation of India'> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> While I am no sympathizer of Maoism, or those who are either called> >>>> >>> 'Maoists' or 'Naxalites' in India, I do have a few bones to pick > >>> with> >>>> >>> the contents of the exhibition at the India Habitat Centre that you> >>>> >>> have recommended to us.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> While looking at what pretends to be information of this nature > >>> it is> >>>> >>> always useful to do a little thinking about numbers. The statistics> >>>> >>> of casualties in the FACT exhibition are taken from the monthly> >>>> >>> statistics and reports published in the South Asia Intelligence> >>>> >>> Review by the South Asia Terrorism Portal, a think tank headed by > >>> the> >>>> >>> notorious former Punjab police chief who masterminded disappearances> >>>> >>> and the utilization of 'renegade' militants as an instrument of> >>>> >>> policy in Punjab and the North East, architect of the Indian hockey> >>>> >>> team's disasters and well known pincher of women's bottoms, Mr. KPS> >>>> >>> GIll. I am a regular recipient of the SAIR and I happen to follow > >>> the> >>>> >>> figures that are mentioned in its reports quite diligently.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> I have no quarrel with the reports, as such, as I have no way of> >>>> >>> assessing their accuracy, or inaccuracy. However, I do have a > >>> quarrel> >>>> >>> with the way in which this information is presented in the FACT> >>>> >>> exhibition. In each instance, there is a heading called 'civilian> >>>> >>> casualties' . Let us take the Table that says 'Naxal Violence in> >>>> >>> Chattisgarh' and analyse the information given for the year 2007> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> ' Security Forces Casualties 181> >>>> >>> Civilian Casualties 166> >>>> >>> Naxalites Killed 66 '> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> What I find interesting is the figure for 'Civilian Casualties'.> >>>> >>> Given in this way, it appears as if the 'Civilians' killed are > >>> due to> >>>> >>> 'Naxal' violence. The sources of these figures, the SAIR bulletins,> >>>> >>> simply title their tables as 'Weekly Fatalities: Major Conflicts in> >>>> >>> South Asia' , which in my opinion, is a far more precise way of> >>>> >>> talking about the casualty figures, because it does not actually> >>>> >>> attribute specific authorship to the violence. This is significant,> >>>> >>> because the 'civilans' while they may be targetted on occasion by > >>> the> >>>> >>> Maoists, are also, generally, in a far larger measure, targetted by> >>>> >>> the security forces, and the 'Anti-Maoist' militia called the Salwa> >>>> >>> Judum. So, when we see 'civilian casualties' we are looking at a> >>>> >>> number of people who may have been killed, by 'Naxals', by security> >>>> >>> forces, by militia like the 'Salwa Judum'. Since, 'Naxals' depend on> >>>> >>> their survival on the sympathies (and to a certain extent, fear) of> >>>> >>> the tribal poor, it is extremely unrealistic to deduce that they> >>>> >>> would in fact be the primary authors of the violence that is> >>>> >>> described as 'civilian casualties'. Numerous investigations report> >>>> >>> that the actual primary authors of this violence are the security> >>>> >>> forces, and the Salwa Judum, both of which act with impunity in> >>>> >>> Chattisgarh. In this instance, the FACT exhibition is indulging in a> >>>> >>> serious case of disinformation. It could be argued that it is doing> >>>> >>> so at the behest of the primary authors of this violence, that is,> >>>> >>> the security forces and those who have floated outfits such as the> >>>> >>> 'Salwa Judum'.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> In the FACT exhibition text, the Salwa Judum is introduced as 'Hope> >>>> >>> Floats'. It is by now well documented that the Salwa Judum is in > >>> fact> >>>> >>> one of the deadliest and most lethal armed outfits operating in> >>>> >>> India, which coerces tribals who are forced into detention camps to> >>>> >>> join it as footsoldiers, which uses child soldiers and uses rape,> >>>> >>> torture and arson. It has become an instrument of state terror, and> >>>> >>> is supported by the corporate interests which have a stake in the> >>>> >>> mining operations in the area to clear tribals off the land that the> >>>> >>> mining companies lust after.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> Even the South Asia Terrorism Portal (which the FACT exhibition> >>>> >>> relies on extensively, otherwise) has this to say about the Salwa > >>> Judum> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> 'However, local reports from the areas witnessing the campaign have> >>>> >>> been disturbing, with analysts questioning the policy of state> >>>> >>> support to a vigilante movement that exposes large numbers of> >>>> >>> civilians to unacceptable risk. According to a former Director> >>>> >>> General of Police, Dr. K S Subramanian, 'While official sources> >>>> >>> maintain that the campaign, led by a local legislator, is hugely> >>>> >>> successful with the tribal people joining it in large numbers, local> >>>> >>> enquiries revealed a different picture. In the name of Salwa Judum,> >>>> >>> the tribal people are being forced to join a far from spontaneous> >>>> >>> mobilisation… Hundreds have been killed on both sides. A large > >>> area> >>>> >>> of land remains uncultivated; tribal people who are meant to work on> >>>> >>> the land have deserted the villages and are living under open skies> >>>> >>> and are starving. A vast amount of corruption has crept in as a> >>>> >>> result of this misconceived campaign with the ruling party spending> >>>> >>> huge amounts on it.'> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/sair/archives/4_33.htm> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> For a more detailed investigation of the Salwa Judum's 'spontaneous'> >>>> >>> activities, please see - the PUCL (Peoples Union for Civil> >>>> >>> Liberties) report on the Salwa Judum at> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> http://www.pucl.org/Topics/Human-rights/2006/slawajudum.htm> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> There are other howlers in the exhibition, such as the fact that. > >>> the> >>>> >>> Ranvir Sena is mentioned as a Naxalite organization. Now, the Ranvir> >>>> >>> Sena, as is very well known, is a militia of upper caste landowners> >>>> >>> in Bihar and parts of Jharkhand that has actually been at war (like> >>>> >>> the Salwa Judum) with the Naxals for several decades now. Calling > >>> the> >>>> >>> Ranvir Sena a 'Naxalite' organization is a bit like calling Panun> >>>> >>> Kashmir, or Roots in Kashmir a front organization of the JKLF or the> >>>> >>> Hizbul Mujahideen in Kashmir.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> Finally, a word about FACT, the outfit that has organized this> >>>> >>> exhibition. The moving force behind FACT is the rather flamboyant> >>>> >>> French expatriate journalist based in Delhi, Francois Gautier, whose> >>>> >>> sympathies for hard line Hindu Fundamentalism has never been a > >>> secret.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> He founded FACT with money he got from the'Nachiketa' Journalism> >>>> >>> prize awarded to him by the then Prime Minister of India Mr Atal> >>>> >>> Bihari Vajpayee on behalf of the Government of India. The Nachiketa> >>>> >>> prize has been instituted by the Panchajanya group of publications,> >>>> >>> which just happens to be the inhouse publishing arm of the Rashtriya> >>>> >>> Svayamsevak Sangh (RSS)> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> Gautier's services as the South Asia Correspondent of the French> >>>> >>> newspaper, Le Figaro were terminated in 2000 on the grounds of his> >>>> >>> obviously biased (and often factually compromised) reportage. He has> >>>> >>> since then, spent time acting as the chief public relations point > >>> man> >>>> >>> for Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, and getting even closer to sections of the> >>>> >>> political far right in India.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> Apologies for this lengthy response, but I think it is necessary to> >>>> >>> have a few facts straight about FACT. Our patriots, while they > >>> have a> >>>> >>> great deal of enthusiasm, are not generally well known for > >>> precision,> >>>> >>> and the boring matter of attempting to maintain a consistency with,> >>>> >>> em, the facts.> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> regards,> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> Shuddha> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> On 12-Jul-08, at 11:09 AM, Aditya Raj Kaul wrote:> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Hi Pankhuree,> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> You can check the online exhibition here:> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> Here it is.> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/2469417/Naxal-Low-Res-> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/3907033/5-new-panels> >>>>> >>>> For More details Mr. Veeru might be contacted here - Mob: +91 93912> >>>>> >>>> 45303> >>>>> >>>> +91 98719 49094> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> Thanks indeed,> >>>>> >>>> Aditya Raj Kaul> >>>>> >>>> Campaign Blog - www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> On 7/12/08, pankhuree dube <pankhuree at hotmail.com> wrote:> >>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>> Hi Mr. Kaul,> >>>>>> >>>>> Thank you for forwarding a description of this exhibit. It sounds> >>>>>> >>>>> fascinating. Do you know if there are any plans to make it> >>>>>> >>>>> available online> >>>>>> >>>>> so that individuals who are not able to view it in India can have> >>>>>> >>>>> a chance> >>>>>> >>>>> to read further about it?> >>>>>> >>>>> I would very much like to be able to see it firsthand, but even a> >>>>>> >>>>> brief> >>>>>> >>>>> description of the findings and perhaps a list of resources for> >>>>>> >>>>> further> >>>>>> >>>>> reading would be of great interest to me.Many thanks,> >>>>>> >>>>> Pankhuree> >>>>>> >>>>>> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:31:40 +0530> From:> >>>>>>> >>>>>> kauladityaraj at gmail.com>> >>>>>>> >>>>> To: reader-list at sarai.net> Subject: [Reader-list] Fwd: FACT> >>>>>> >>>>> Exhibition at> >>>>>> >>>>> IHC> > *FACT INDIA: Exhibition on Naxalism opens in India Habitat> >>>>>> >>>>> Centre*> >> >>>>>> >>>>> *The Naxalism: A threat to Unified nation of India* The Exhibition> >>>>>> >>>>> is a>> >>>>>> >>>>> reflection of the Maoist insurgency in India, a blend of > >>>>> photographs>> >>>>>> >>>>> statistics and ofcourse an analysis and a presentation of > >>>>> FACTS. The>> >>>>>> >>>>> exhibition will be open for visitors at the INDIA HAbitat > >>>>> centre from> >>>>>> >>>>> *8-14th> july 2008*. The exhibition has already travelled to Oslo> >>>>>> >>>>> and was> >>>>>> >>>>> screened on> the sidelines of 'The Conference on Peace and> >>>>>> >>>>> Reconciliation in> >>>>>> >>>>> South Asia -> Challenges and Opportunities.'> > *The Exhibition*> >>>>>> >>>>> travels> >>>>>> >>>>> through the lives of the victims in the Naxal> infested states and> >>>>>> >>>>> present> >>>>>> >>>>> their lives as well as the lives of those> vallant fighters both> >>>>>> >>>>> civilian> >>>>>> >>>>> and from the government. Its the Fight> against terrorism the > >>>>> idea of> >>>>>> >>>>> killing because one doesnt believe or just> disagree with the > >>>>> others,> >>>>>> >>>>> Intolerence and disharmony.> > > > Timings: Tuesday, July 8, 2008> >>>>>> >>>>> - Monday,> >>>>>> >>>>> July 14, 2008> > Venue: India Habitat Center, <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://upcoming.yahoo.com/venue/131044/>Lodhi> Road, New Delhi> > >>>>> > > >> >>>>>> >>>>> Contact number:- Mr Veer 099871949094> > > -- > Thanks & regards>> >>>>>> >>>>> Rinku> >>>>>> >>>>> thusoo> Delhi> > http://kashmir-in-exile.blogspot.com>> >>>>>> >>>>> http://jokingbudha.blogspot.com> __._,_.___ Messages in this > >>>>> topic> <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/message/> >>>>>> >>>>> 4045;_ylc=X3oDMTM1OWhsbmZtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGdy > >>>>> cHN> >>>>>> >>>>> wSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARtc2dJZAM0MDQ1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDM > >>>>> TIx> >>>>>> >>>>> NTc4NDk2OAR0cGNJZAM0MDQ1>>> >>>>>> >>>>> (1) Reply (via web post)> <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxMXNpMHRhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGdy > >>>>> cHN> >>>>>> >>>>> wSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARtc2dJZAM0MDQ1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDM > >>>>> TIx> >>>>>> >>>>> NTc4NDk2OA--?act=reply&messageNum=4045>|>> >>>>>> >>>>> Start a new topic> <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZGlxM3ZsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGdy > >>>>> cHN> >>>>>> >>>>> wSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMTU3ODQ5Njg-> > >>>>> >> >>>>>> >>>>> Messages<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNTJ0cm5tBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3 > >>>>> BGd> >>>>>> >>>>> ycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtc2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMTU3ODQ5N > >>>>> jg-> >>>>>> >>>>>> |>> >>>>>>> >>>>> Files<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> files;_ylc=X3oDMTJnNjA5ZjdhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGd > >>>>> ycH> >>>>>> >>>>> NwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjE1Nzg0OTY4 > >>>>> >|>> >>>>>> >>>>> Photos<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNnJjdjluBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BG > >>>>> dyc> >>>>>> >>>>> HNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEyMTU3ODQ5Njg > >>>>> -> >>>>>> >>>>>> |>> >>>>>>> >>>>> Links<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> links;_ylc=X3oDMTJnN3NvN3NpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGd > >>>>> ycH> >>>>>> >>>>> NwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNsaW5rcwRzdGltZQMxMjE1Nzg0OTY4 > >>>>> >|>> >>>>>> >>>>> Database<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> database;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMWU1OXNuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3 > >>>>> BGd> >>>>>> >>>>> ycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNkYgRzdGltZQMxMjE1Nzg0OTY4> > >>>>> |>> >>>>>> >>>>> Polls<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJnYmw3dnYzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGd > >>>>> ycH> >>>>>> >>>>> NwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwb2xscwRzdGltZQMxMjE1Nzg0OTY4 > >>>>> >|>> >>>>>> >>>>> Members<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbzYyNXQ1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3B > >>>>> Gdy> >>>>>> >>>>> cHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMTU3ODQ5Nj > >>>>> g->> >>>>>> >>>>> |>> >>>>>> >>>>> Calendar<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZjZjaWNwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3 > >>>>> BGd> >>>>>> >>>>> ycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNjYWwEc3RpbWUDMTIxNTc4NDk2O > >>>>> A--> >>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>> MARKETPLACE> ------------------------------> Special offer for > >>>>> Yahoo!> >>>>>> >>>>> Groups> <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13r4sn4qb/> >>>>>> >>>>> M=624381.12730922.13032918.10835568/D=groups/S=1708343758:MKP1/> >>>>>> >>>>> Y=YAHOO/EXP=1215792168/L=/B=8d5RAELaX9w-/J=1215784968592283/> >>>>>> >>>>> A=5396680/R=0/SIG=14e7adlkt/*http://media.adrevolver.com/> >>>>>> >>>>> adrevolver/href?banner=197791&place=26143&url_=http://> >>>>>> >>>>> tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/display.com?cid=bbi00027>from>> >>>>>> >>>>> Blockbuster! Get a free 1-month trial with no late fees or due>> >>>>>> >>>>> dates.<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13r4sn4qb/> >>>>>> >>>>> M=624381.12730922.13032918.10835568/D=groups/S=1708343758:MKP1/> >>>>>> >>>>> Y=YAHOO/EXP=1215792168/L=/B=8d5RAELaX9w-/J=1215784968592283/> >>>>>> >>>>> A=5396680/R=1/SIG=14e7adlkt/*http://media.adrevolver.com/> >>>>>> >>>>> adrevolver/href?banner=197791&place=26143&url_=http://> >>>>>> >>>>> tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/display.com?cid=bbi00027>>> >>>>>> >>>>> [image: Yahoo! Groups]<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://> >>>>>> >>>>> groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZnJob21vBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE > >>>>> 4OD> >>>>>> >>>>> czNTc3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTIx > >>>>> NTc> >>>>>> >>>>> 4NDk2OA-->>> >>>>>> >>>>> Change settings via the> Web<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsinkashmir/> >>>>>> >>>>> join;_ylc=X3oDMTJnMWNtOHRiBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE4ODczNTc3BGdy > >>>>> cHN> >>>>>> >>>>> wSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjE1Nzg0OTY4>> >>>>>> >>>>> (Yahoo!>> >>>>>> >>>>> ID required)> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily>> >>>>>> >>>>> Digest<> >>>>>> >>>>> rootsinkashmir-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:> >>>>>> >>>>> +Digest>|>> >>>>>> >>>>> Switch> format to Traditional<> >>>>>> >>>>> rootsinkashmir-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery> >>>>>> >>>>> +Format:+Traditional>>> >>>>>> >>>>> Visit Your Group> <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/> >>>>>> >>>>> rootsinkashmir;_ylc=X3oDMTJlczVrNWtpBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE4OD > >>>>> czN> >>>>>> >>>>> Tc3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTIxNTc > >>>>> 4ND> >>>>>> >>>>> k2OA-->|>> >>>>>> >>>>> Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>|> >>>>>> >>>>> Unsubscribe> <rootsinkashmir-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?> >>>>>> >>>>> subject=>> Visit> >>>>>> >>>>> Your Group> <> >>>>>> >>>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/> >>>>>> >>>>> rootsinkashmir;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbTQ4N2lpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OD > >>>>> czN> >>>>>> >>>>> Tc3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwODM0Mzc1OARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyMTU > >>>>> 3OD> >>>>>> >>>>> Q5Njg->>> >>>>>> >>>>> Yahoo! Finance> > It's Now Personal<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13orv2n72/> >>>>>> >>>>> M=493064.12016257.12445664.8674578/D=groups/S=1708343758:NC/> >>>>>> >>>>> Y=YAHOO/EXP=1215792168/L=/B=8t5RAELaX9w-/J=1215784968592283/> >>>>>> >>>>> A=4507179/R=0/SIG=12de4rskk/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=50284/> >>>>>> >>>>> *http://finance.yahoo.com/personal-finance>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> Guides, news,> > advice & more.> Featured Y! Groups> > and > >>>>>> category> >>>>>>> >>>>> pages.<> >>>>>> >>>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ob78g66/> >>>>>> >>>>> M=493064.12016306.12445698.8674578/D=groups/S=1708343758:NC/> >>>>>> >>>>> Y=YAHOO/EXP=1215792168/L=/B=895RAELaX9w-/J=1215784968592283/> >>>>>> >>>>> A=4763760/R=0/SIG=11ou7otip/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/> >>>>>> >>>>> bestofyahoogroups/>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> There is something> > for everyone.> Yahoo! Groups> > Real Food> >>>>>>> >>>>>> Group<> >>>>>>> >>>>> http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13o1vgd34/> >>>>>> >>>>> M=493064.12016243.13036160.8674578/D=groups/S=1708343758:NC/> >>>>>> >>>>> Y=YAHOO/EXP=1215792168/L=/B=9N5RAELaX9w-/J=1215784968592283/> >>>>>> >>>>> A=5379228/R=0/SIG=11gatb1qb/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/> >>>>>> >>>>> hellmanns/>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> Share recipes> > and favorite meals.> .> > __,_._,___>> >>>>>>> >>>>> _________________________________________> reader-list: an open> >>>>>> >>>>> discussion> >>>>>> >>>>> list on media and the city.> Critiques & Collaborations> To> >>>>>> >>>>> subscribe: send> >>>>>> >>>>> an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net with subscribe in the> >>>>>> >>>>> subject> >>>>>> >>>>> header.> To unsubscribe:> >>>>>> >>>>> https://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/reader-list > List > >>>>> archive: <> >>>>>> >>>>> https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>> >>>>>> >>>>> _________________________________________________________________> >>>>>> >>>>> Making the world a better place one message at a time.> >>>>>> >>>>> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_BetterPlace> >>>>>> >>>>> _________________________________________> >>>>>> >>>>> reader-list: an open discussion list on media and the city.> >>>>>> >>>>> Critiques & Collaborations> >>>>>> >>>>> To subscribe: send an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net with> >>>>>> >>>>> subscribe in the subject header.> >>>>>> >>>>> To unsubscribe: https://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/reader- > >>>>> list> >>>>>> >>>>> List archive: <https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>> >>>>>> >>>> _________________________________________> >>>>> >>>> reader-list: an open discussion list on media and the city.> >>>>> >>>> Critiques & Collaborations> >>>>> >>>> To subscribe: send an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net with> >>>>> >>>> subscribe in the subject header.> >>>>> >>>> To unsubscribe: https://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/reader-list> >>>>> >>>> List archive: &lt;https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>> >>>>> >>>> >>> Shuddhabrata Sengupta> >>>> >>> The Sarai Programme at CSDS> >>>> >>> Raqs Media Collective> >>>> >>> shuddha at sarai.net> >>>> >>> www.sarai.net> >>>> >>> www.raqsmediacollective.net> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> _________________________________________> >>>> >>> reader-list: an open discussion list on media and the city.> >>>> >>> Critiques & Collaborations> >>>> >>> To subscribe: send an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net with > >>> subscribe in the subject header.> >>>> >>> To unsubscribe: https://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/reader-list> >>>> >>> List archive: &lt;https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>> >>>> >> > Shuddhabrata Sengupta> >> > The Sarai Programme at CSDS> >> > Raqs Media Collective> >> > shuddha at sarai.net> >> > www.sarai.net> >> > www.raqsmediacollective.net> >> >> >> >> >> > Shuddhabrata Sengupta> The Sarai Programme at CSDS> Raqs Media Collective> shuddha at sarai.net> www.sarai.net> www.raqsmediacollective.net> > > _________________________________________> reader-list: an open discussion list on media and the city.> Critiques & Collaborations> To subscribe: send an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net with subscribe in the subject header.> To unsubscribe: https://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/reader-list > List archive: &lt;https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>