[Reader-list] Shame on IITs

Ranjith Thankappan ranjit_hcu at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 20 22:12:14 IST 2008

I wonder how powerful  the treatise of casteism is!!  the fear of the Dalit still remains in the minds of these dikus even if they become IIT professors. Merit is a brahmanic myth in the Indian context; it s constructed out of the fear of the downtrodden. Just check out history to find out why the British introduced third class. It s the sons and daughtors of the generation of these "upper" caste morons who could not pass exams to become clerks, now talk tall about merit. what a pity!!  if the so called +3500 years old literate tradition could not make these "upper" castes get a passmark, how could they unashamedly talk about merit in the same vein? that is the magic of casteism/brahminsm and its trivial tricks. Let us all unit to emancipate these brahmin-banias from the clutches of brahminsm and its false consiousness