[Reader-list] Activist commits suicide over Amarnath land transfer issue

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:04:47 IST 2008

i am quite interested in suicides, but only if they are triggered by
some psychological reasons
, a normal suicide is triggered even  by a  simple failure in the
school exams...which too is very important...

a truly poltical person will  go for a sucide only if the casue is
universal, but this kuldeep dogra (if one believes the news item )
seems certainly a naive or a weakling ....  and if the hindutva world
thinks kuldeep dogra a truly political hero and a real shiva devotee
then they should construct a monument in his name and may be declare
him a saint event.   i remember that  upper caste mr. Goswami who set
himself ablaze for  Mandal issue, proved that his action was
meaningless, and he was not a political minded person, ....some
personal insecurity can cause the victim to go for such an extreme,
....in fact such minds are waiting for a spark, and that can come from
any quarter...so imagine how many such suicides would have happened if
the land was actually transfered. to shrine board in the valley.....
Lord Shiva is happy in his heaven, all is well with the world....

now why on earth some  richy rich Amarnath Srine Board member never
thought about suicide.... why a noted name in Hindutva world  does not
think about jumping from some mountain,  why it always an unknown face
who decides to end his life.

this applies to all religions, and that why only some young minds are
won over by murderous  words and pushes the victim to this
extreme....sad....i have sympathy for this young man, but what a
misguided end.

society is a strange set of cards, and we will never know what the
other is holding nearer to her or his heart.... it is usually the
poverty  which pushes a family to suicide, but even Marx noted in his
personal diaries that casue of 'misery' sometimes can be other than
poverty,..... of course the times were such that this kind of thought
could not crept into his 'manifesto', but this has been extensively
debated later on...

i am yet to grasp the meaning of suicide.... and that is what made me
to write about it in the first place

with love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com