[Reader-list] > 4. American Imperialism, Hindu Brahmanism, Islamic Terrorism

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 19:56:14 IST 2008

Dear Radhakrishnan

Just one point.

"Brahmanism" does not refer to Brahmins alone when used in a sociological or political reference frames. It encompasses all 3 Varna ie Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya. These 3 were considered to be 'twice born'. In varying degrees each had privileges.

The ones spoken about and treated in the most horrific manner were the Shudras.

The deeprooted anger, resentment and contempt of the Shudras towards the other 3 is fully understandable. In my opinion, it is also welcome for the purpose of rectifying many of the 'ills' of India.

Kshmendra