[Reader-list] IIM RESERVATION: Kozhikode Shows The Way

Tapas Ray tapasrayx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 16:48:13 IST 2008

Dear Ranjith,

 > 1) I also second the question of language. but not in the vein of
 > prabhakar. The language of counter culture will always be offensive to
 > the oppressors.

Which culture is being countered on this list, and by whom?

Who are the oppressors on this list? Who are they oppressing, and how?

What is the nature of the "counterculture"? Who are its bearers on this
list? What is their claim to this status?

> 2) the silent revolution happening in Indian society s testimony to it.
> look beyond the caste-blinded satvik 'selves" ... any one can see it/

"Governmentality" is a technical term. Once again, how does it apply to
Ambedkarite reservation policy? What is the rationale for this claim?

What is the nature of the "silent revolution"?

What is the "satvik" self? Which members on this list have that type of
self, and what are your reasons for believing this? Who is caste-blinded
here, and what is the basis of that conclusion? What is the nature of
your own self, and what are your reasons for believing this to be the case?

Best,

Tapas