[Reader-list] What Mughal Road didn't that shrine land-transfer plans did

Shivam Vij शिवम् विज् mail at shivamvij.com
Mon Jun 30 19:46:15 IST 2008

Thanks for posting this, Pawan. I think, as in the Sethusamudram
project, the ecological issue is merely a political smokescreen. It is
laughable when politicians suddenly remember ecology when it is
politically convenient. So the separatists and the PDP in the Amarnath
land case, and the BJP-VHP-RSS in the Sethusamudram case, do make for
strange ecological bedfellows.

I think that the least politicians can do in such cases is be honest
about their politics, we would be able to appreciate them better. It
does not help me appreciate your point of view when you suddenly show
ecological concern when your only concern is the escalation of  the
New Delhi strategy to increase India's stake in the Valley. Even if
your supporters and voters don't mind, ecologists would.

best
shivam