[Reader-list] Gandu world, words, Ajay and Raju

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:43:29 IST 2008

Dear all,
Let us ask ourselves, why we don't get provoked by the rampant
corruption, environmental disaster, violence against women, rabid
communalism, sheer poverty etc etc..,

 How to define a proud Indian?

Who is a good Hindu, a good Muslim a good Christian in a societal set
up where every other commodity is full of adulteration, and where lies
and dishonesty rules the roost, and where success is measured by the
brand of the car you own. Thus, tell me please, how to describe
madness even.

Yes, mob violence. Don't we often indulge in it, with this excuse that
the law lets these petty thieves off the hook, so death sentenced is
announced and executed instantly. No Karuna rasa ( compassion ) in a
great country called Bharat, but how to understand  this country which
is plagued with lawlessness. Of course the law efficiently functions
when a decent looking  judge sits across a poor petty under trail
thief. And when the frustrated thief  manages to throw shit on Judge's
face, we loose no time to show sympathy with the learned judge. The
petty thief is dirt, simply a nuisance. The rest of us are genteel and
decent citizens of shining India.

And this John Nobody called inder salim is  pointing out all this for
his own personal greed. ( I am in no mood to forgive myself even,
seriously )

Now how to define a sacred space in our country. Is not  Delhi's
Akshardam Temple a land grab? And why only that, most of temples ,
gurudwaras and  mosques  are erected illegally on government lands.
The land which belongs to the millions of landless of people of India.
 Just try it out, place a Rama, Sita and Hanuman Image under a Pipal
tree, and next weak you have a temple with a space for a Panwari
corner shop.

And who am I to ask, why Rama and Krishna are always clean shaved in
every sacred calendar.  Of course, that is the people's choice, but do
they care to lift such an images from a gutter if a they happens to
see it there. None. This example, can be applied to all believers. But
if somebody, creatively adds to the existing imagery, then these very
individual join their heads to set ablaze anything that comes their
way. This way, they sometimes come to power even, and that they are
free to explore this possibility endlessly. And when this does not
work for them then a UP-Bihari worker becomes garbage in Mumbai.

Just as an example, I don't think it is shameful to talk about the
number of wives of Rama's father King Dashratha. Epics are  made of
such stuff, we know, but when a believer criticizes a Muslaman for
their right to have more than one wife, then King Dashtratha too comes
in picture. And now I am the villain because I pointed it out, Is not
this absurd?

I have seen some Muslim friends often talking about the greatness of
Islam, True there is some degree of positive thought in every sacred
scripture, but how come Hindu-Caste like thing exists in Muslim world
as wel. And if I point it out, I am the villain, Is not this absurd ?

It is often said, that Salman Rushdie's Satanic verses gave birth to
Muslim Terrorism, and of course our own MF Hussain sired BajrangDal,
VHP and Co. It was this stupid Taslima Nasreen who exposed the pseudo
-liberalism of Bengali Left.  The world would have been a peaceful
place to live in if  these Salman Rushdies, Hussains and Taslimas were
not born.

 The challenge indeed is how to keep on talking to other without
dislodging the decorum of hurling words on each other.  I believe,
there is no full stop in a discourse…

What do you think dear Mr. Kirdar?

With love and regards
is