[Reader-list] Gandu world, words, Ajay and Raju

kirdar singh kirdarsingh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:45:17 IST 2008

You guys are trying to put me into a slot. You simply want to figure
out on whose side I am. Well I am on niether side. I said it earlier I
have no problem with Inder's original post on its own merit, but its a
problem if its language  leads to this reaction: "every time a Salim
talks like this...he'll be answered like this" This is a sentence that
usually comes from the mouth of Bal Thakre, Modi and so on.

Of course we shouldn't compromise on "our" art and poetry, and we
shouldn't care at all on what our art leads to on the street. If those
guys can't understand our art and mistake it as provocation, its their
problem, not ours.

So Vivek, since you keep asking me to quote directly from the text
what's my problem, here is the quote from the text which is my
problem:

"Behenchod, Chootiya, Gandu, Ma-ki choot"

I know I am boringly conservative, but I don't see why we shouldn't
equate someone who uses these terms on this list with those whose
emails go into your bullshit folder....

Kirdar