[Reader-list] Commonwealth Village Update

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Thu Mar 6 16:29:10 IST 2008

yamunajiye at gmail.com
www.y4j.blogspot.com	•

Interviews with labours working in games village confirming deaths of
labours du to deadly diesease and accidents.
Interviews with labours who have left the work due to fear of death
and untimely payment by contractor
Interview with relative of one of the labour "samal" who died because
of the disease
Death certificate of "samal" confirming the death due to meningitis

After Hindustan Times broke the news on 4th march about whisper of
death at games village site, "Youth for Justice" decided to further
investigate the issue.WE HAVE IMMEDIATELY FORMED A THREE MEMBER
COMMITTEE TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER.

we have spent last 36 hours interacting with labours, trying to find
out facts. it was never easy as most of the labours are inside the
campus and nobody is allowed to get into the campus. security guards
are trying their level best to keep everyone away from the campus. we
went to games village site and tried to interact with labours and
other workers. the kind of secrecy that is being maintained at the
site definately makes it appear as if it is not site for games
village but of some nuclear plant.

We interviwed some of the labours who are living near the site and
who have left the work inside games vallige because of the outbreak
of some deadly diesease inside the fortitfied campus. many of the
labours have left the work and we have also interviewed two labours
who are still working inside.

what these labours have told us is horrifying and unbelievable, and
we decided to share it woth all.

we have decided to put all the information that we have collected on
our blog.

our investigation is still on and we will keep on updating the blog
time to time.

Here we are putting the information that we have received as it is.

for detailed videos and pictures

visit

www.y4j.blogspot.com