[Reader-list] Fwd: Sanjay Kak on Ram Guha's Book

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 21:34:49 IST 2008

Well, I remember having written to the list stating my opinion of the film,
when this controversy first erupted here. Viewed from a experienced film
critic's eye, the film is a bad case of cinematography. Politically, it is
biased without a trace of subtlety.
Having said that, I see no reason for banning the movie or any discussion
about it from either side of the divide. The discussion is useful as long as
it does not malign an individual merely for not making a film presenting
your viewpoint, and as long as the discussion does not become uncivil or
repetitive.