[Reader-list] Fwd: What is wrong with Asma Jahangir?

Ajmal Kamal ajmalkamal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:48:15 IST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ajmal Kamal <ajmalkamal at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 12, 2008 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: What is wrong with Asma Jahangir?
To: Sahar Shafqat <sshafqat at yahoo.com>, Abira Ashfaq <abira_a at hotmail.com>,
Gouri Patwardhan <gourip at gmail.com>, All talk Pakvoices <
All at talk.pakvoices.net>

We must convey our feelings of shock, disgust and outrage to Asma Jahangir.
There is no way she was not aware of the symbolic significance to going to
the Chief Minister's house in Gandhinagar and meeting the man who not only
presided over the massacre of 2002 but whose administration did everything
to stop the process through which the victims could get relief and justice.
Asma Jahangir is absolutely wrong in saying the the state government of
Gujarat is taking measures to ensure that the victims could get relief. The
said fascist government has consistently been taking measures in the
opposite direction. If Asma Jahangir cares for her credibility, she must
take back that disgusting approval which flies in the face of facts. These
facts have been put together in the course of the past six years by India's
brave civil society and media. I feel deeply embarrased and ashamed that the
leading light of our country's human rights activists has tried to negate
the work of Indian human rights activits and journalists. Asma must act to
save her lifetime's work from getting destroyed.

On 3/12/08, Sahar Shafqat <sshafqat at yahoo.com> wrote:

> from another list that i'm on. i like the way abira put it. we're planning
> to write a letter of protest to her...
>
> *abira ashfaq <abira_a at hotmail.com>* wrote:
>
> From: abira ashfaq <abira_a at hotmail.com>
> To: <youngrestless at googlegroups.com>
> Subject: RE: wtf is wrong with asma??
> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:29:40 +0000
>

> if it is possible for a person's persona and all she signifies to be
> shattered in one sec in one picture...this is it.  agree we should craft.

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

- --
Ajmal Kamal
City Press
Publishing House, Bookshop and Film Club
316 Madina City Mall, Abdullah Haroon Road, Saddar, Karachi 74400, Pakistan.
Phone: (92-21) 5650623, 5213916

- --