[Reader-list] Tibet

S. Jabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:22:15 IST 2008

I can’t speak for those who advocate violence, but if you are saying the
Dalai Lama’s non-violent campaign has been ineffectual, you have to ask
whether the Kashmiri or Naxalite movements have achieved their stated
objectives.
You have to also examine people’s attitudes in those areas that have
suffered prolonged cycles of violence , for example Sri Lanka or even
Kashmir, to see whether it is as efficacious a political tool as was
believed initially.