[Reader-list] Ghalib and the damn Muslim problem

ambarien qadar ambarien at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 7 22:17:39 IST 2008

Ofcourse the 'Half muslim' anecdote is very much true..atleast in the world I come from!
Many of my closest friends would drink wine and would not eat pork....this is more to do with cultural influences rather than anything else.
Frankly, they give a damn to who is saying what to whom or had said what to whom or whether they will be less muslims by doing it or will be more if they do not, before they raise the toast
Nevertheless, we are labelled so all the time...It also brings the hijab-jeans, combo to my mind amongst other things...
This surely is an interesting thread. I'm thinking through some it...
But Ghalib perhaps is not the right reference for this thread.
I'm already thinking of someone like Iqbal.
Cheers
Ambarien