[Reader-list] [Announcements] [infosouth] announcing TWO workshops in film-making

Kavita Joshi kj.impulse at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:07:21 IST 2008

  Dear friends

This year, we're announcing TWO workshops in film-making
- our annual INTENSIVE SUMMER WORKSHOP (open to all),
- and a new WEEKEND BASED WORKSHOP (ideally suited to working people and the
NGO sector)

Some information is below. Pl share it with others who may be interested....

thanks and best wishes
Kavita Joshi
Filmmaker and Media Trainer

*********TWO FILMMAKING WORKSHOPS IN DELHI*********

*----- THE INTENSIVE SUMMER WORKSHOP-----
*For 6 years now, Impulse has been organising a filmmaking workshop
conducted by Kavita Joshi.

STARTS LATE MAY. REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN.

SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS.
Prior experince in this field is not needed.
We are open to anyone 17 years and up...

THE WORKSHOP IS AIMED AT PEOPLE WHO:
- want to make their own film, but don't quite know how
- or are thinking of a career in TV/films, but are not sure if it's right
for them
- or are doing a media / communication course which doesn't have enough
video training
- or simply want a creative new activity

PARTICIPANTS GET TO:
- Script. Shoot. Edit. Make a film...
- Watch rare films from over the world and read film books
- Work on digital equipment
- Go for Field Trips, and more...

LOGISTICS:
- Held in (south) Delhi. Starting late May
- It is modular - 4 weeks + 4 weeks (fairly full time).
- Each batch has 16-18 people max.

CONDUCTED BY:
The workshop is principally conducted by Kavita Joshi, an independent
filmmaker based in Delhi. Her films include Tales from the Margins and Some
Roots Grow Upwards. To know more about her films, click here

Kavita has been designing and conducting training programmes in filmmaking
since 2001. In addition to the summer workshops, she has held workshops for
Adobe India, IIT Kanpur, IAWRT, Chetana Media Institute and Wigan and Leigh
college.
 Visit the workshop web-group here

There will be additional inputs by other trainers.

*----- THE WEEKEND WORKSHOP----- *
In 2008, we are launching an additional NEW weekend-based workshop, suitable
for WORKING PEOPLE who hold full time jobs, and especially for NGOs that may
have VIDEO SHOOTING NEEDS.

Again, beginners are welcome. Experience in filmmaking is not required.

We aim to launch this workshop by August. Registrations open soon.
In case you are interested in this, please send us an email asap.

*----- REQUEST DETAILS ABOUT EITHER WORKSHOP -----
*Send an email to [ impulsemail AT gmail DOT com ]

Email enquiries should include
- your full name, main email id and a back-up email id
- phone number (advisable) and city
- and mention which workshop you are interested in
In case you are working, it helps a lot if you tell us a bit about your
profession, nature of work, timings, and organisation.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE PAID WORKSHOPS

            ***