[Reader-list] [DFA NewsLetter] screening at KRITI: Bullets and Butterflies, by Sushmit Ghosh

Kavita Joshi kj.impulse at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:26:09 IST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: aanchal kapur <aanchal_kapur at hotmail.com>

dear friends

Twenty-five friends from the Indo-Pak Youth Peace Forum are coming to
the Kriti workplace tomorrow afternoon. On this occasion, the Kriti
Film Club is organising a second screening of the beautifully made
documentary,
Bullets and Butterflies, by Sushmit Ghosh  (41 mins/ English) on
Friday, 9th May at 4 pm.

You are invited to this special afternoon screening of a film which we
would personally recommend as a 'feel good and happy' one to move
forward in our journey of life! The young film maker will be with us
to take comments and questions.

Do let us know if you are coming so we can keep something to eat and
drink for you!

Venue: Kriti team workplace
S-35 Tara Apartments, Alaknanda, New Delhi 110019
Phone: +91-11-26027845/ 26033088

about the film
Two people travel a distance of 1500 kilometers over 7 days - an
unprecedented ride that takes them through plains, hills and into
mountains; marked by narrow escapes and introspective conversations;
breathtaking sights and an uncanny contrast of people.
Travellers-turned-cameramen, they shoot the ride on the go, enthusing
the film with their refreshingly ingenuous approach to capturing the
ride on video. Funny thing is that this strange expedition was never
intended to be a film.

Bullets and Butterflies traces the journey of a handicapped street
child and a biking enthusiast on a motorcycle - popularly known as a
Bullet - as they travel from the bustling cityscape of Delhi to the
serene hills of Himachal Pradesh. It is the journey from a promise
made during a fleeting conversation to its fulfillment in an
unforeseen, bizarrely deep understanding between the odd pair;
inadvertently providing an insight on differently-abled people and the
hardships of a life lived on the streets.

about the film maker
Sushmit Ghosh is a film student at the Mass Communication Research
Center, Jamia Millia University in New Delhi and is currently pursuing
a Masters course in Mass Communication. He has a keen interest in
photography and has worked on various themes with non-governmental
organizations. A selection of his photographs became a traveling
exhibition that was taken to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and
United Kingdom. In his spare time, Sushmit enjoys traveling across the
country.
Bullets and Butterflies is his first independent film as a director.

about the Film Club
We offer an interactive space for screening documentary & mainstream
films as well as slide shows, on a whole range of issues connected
with development, human rights & social attitudes/ trends once a
month. You can also borrow and buy several titles of documentaries
made by film makers from around the country and parts of the world.
Consistently screening films since 1999 in New Delhi, we are a
non-funded organisation and the film club has evolved and survived due
to the support of film makers and the contributions of its audience to
our 'gullak' (collection box)!

Note: Please let us know in case you'd like your email id removed from
this mailing list and/ or if you receive this mail in duplicate. This
will help us further organise our emailing process!

-
ON YOUR VISIT TO THE KRITI WORKPLACE....

*Visit our Docushop for a range of information & communication resources!
*Shop for eco-friendly and community produced gifts at reasonable
prices at our Gestures stall!
Your purchases will help our work in supporting several marginalised
communities and people's movements across India, and keep us non-grant
taking!!!

Email: space.kriti at gmail.com

http://krititeam.blogspot.com

Please DO NOT REPLY to the sender.

To contact the MODERATOR: delhifilmarchive [at] gmail.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE: send an email to
delhifilmarchive-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com

More OPTIONS are on the web:
http://groups.google.com/group/delhifilmarchive