[Reader-list] Baggage of JKLF is too heavy to carry-by Dr.Shabir

Rebellious Koshur rebelliouskoshur at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 10 12:22:31 IST 2008

Sonia,

  The problem with "activists" like you is that you pick and choose the issues which concern you and not the people on ground. The issues which you have raised are least of the concern for Kashmiris. Our prime concern is not the wealth acquired by the pro-freedom politicians but it is freedom from ruthless India and Indians. People, who claim to be our friends as we don’t need masters, should support us in our endeavors.

  The issue of accountability of our politicians is an internal matter of Kashmiris which we are proficient enough to deal with. We know who has done what; you need not bother yourself with our internal affairs. Being an Indian it is your responsibility to question the presence of Indian army in Kashmir ; the brutality of Indian soldiers; the criminal policies of Indian politicians. Demonstrate your principled stand vis-à-vis Indian policies on Kashmir . We the people of Kashmir will take account of the blunders of our politicians and militants. We know who killed whom and why. We know where from the money came, for what it was spent, and how much did the politicians use for themselves. We till now have and in future will do the needful. You please keep out of it, because this is not India . It is Kashmir . You, the Indian civil society activists, seem to be behaving in the same hegemonic attitude which the Indian statecraft has exhibited so far in Kashmir .

  It is ridiculous when you say Kashmiri society is “deeply divided”. Is it not true for India ? Is it not true for Delhi ? Is it not true for the small locality where you live in Delhi ? Yes Kashmiris are divided and I see it as the democratic mindset of the people. The division which you are talking about is the difference of opinion which is present everywhere in the modern democratic world.

  You have asked a Junaid how many JKLF men were killed by army and how many by Hizbula Mujahideen. It is useless to misinterpret things as people here know the truth about each and every killing. There is no need for them to share it with you. Why should we trust you?

  For the purpose of clarity, I would like to quote the figures of a survey done by a Srinagar based organization, Coalition of Civil Society. According to their survey in Baramulla district, the total number of JKLF men who got killed in Baramulla only is 180. Out of the 180 JKLF men 115 have been killed by Indian armed forces. Hizbul Mujahideen has killed 8 JKLF members while as other militant organizations have killed 15 JKLF men. JKLF itself has killed 3 of there members. There are around 39 JKLF members who have been killed by “unidentified gunmen”. People here in Kashmir understand who these unidentified gunmen are.

  What I could understand from your post was that you think JKLF has suffered more because of Hizbul Mujahideen compared to Indian army while as the truth according to the Baramulla survey of Coalition of Civil Society is that 87 JKLF members have been martyred during the encounters with Indian army. 13 have been killed in custody. Another 6 have been subjected to enforced disappearance from Baramulla district amongst the JKLF members.

  Why are you unnecessarily defaming JKLF cadres? I know you have great friendship with Yasin Malik but even he won’t deny that India is his enemy and not Hizbul Mujahideen.

  Qalab Hussain