[Reader-list] JKLF dissolved - name of new party to be announced soon

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Mon May 12 10:21:59 IST 2008

*JKLF dissolved - name of new party to be announced soon*

**

Senior and founding members of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front decided to
dissolve the party because some top party leaders have betrayed the
ideology, and has used the party to advance their personal interests and
interest of secret agencies.

This crucial meeting was held in Birmingham , England , and was attended by
founding members like Dr Shabir Choudhry, Abbas Butt, Zubair Ansari, Nazam
Bhatti, Sarwar Hussain, Ahesan Ansari, Masoom Ansari, Nazakat Bhatti, Riasat
Bhatti, Asim Mirza and Nawaz Majid.

They said, 'JKLF is split in many groups because of egocentric and selfish
attitude of top JKLF leaders; and people of Jammu and Kashmir are confused
as to which group is genuine and which is advancing cause of our occupiers'.

Frustration and anger of people is multiplied when they see these leaders
talk of unity and yet advance such policies which can only widen the gulf.
Furthermore these leaders are enjoying luxurious life style and travel in
first class when ordinary people of Jammu and Kashmir are deprived of basic
necessities.

They said, 'We tried to correct things while being part of the JKLF but
incorrigible and corrupt leaders ensured that we don't succeed in this noble
cause'. They said, 'we have failed to forge unity among the JKLF groups, and
correct mistakes of these leaders; but we can take pride in the fact that we
made sincere efforts and opposed those who wanted to make the party
subservient to the secret agencies.'

They further said, 'situation in Jammu and Kashmir and world politics has
dramatically changed since the JKLF was formed in 1977 in Birmingham ; and
we need to have a party to reflect these changes. For this purpose we will
form a party which can speak for all people of Jammu and Kashmir on both
sides of the LOC and not a party of Kashmiri Muslims.

A committee consisting of Dr Shabir Choudhry, Abbas Butt and Zubair Ansari
has been set up to prepare a constitution for the new party. The new party
will be launched soon in London and in this regard contacts have been made
with like minded people on both sides of the divide.

Issued by Dr Shabir Choudhry

**

 Press conference to be held Tuesday

Dr Shabir Choudhry"