[Reader-list] Jaipur taking a stand against terror

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Thu May 15 21:39:25 IST 2008

Dear Yousuf,

Thank you for your email. I understand your sentiments. For me peace and
introspection is important but the claping is more to let the world know
that spirit of the city is alive and not a trumpet of war against anyone. I
have been introspecting and this has led me to wonder if non-violence and
peace has to be synonymous with silence? My suggestion is just a way of
saying that we are sad, we are also angry but our spirits are not going to
be crushed.

Anyway everyday peace gatherings, candle lightings and "sarv-dhram" sabhas
are being held in Jaipur and you may wish to do something similar at your
place.

Also share with the world your thoughts after contemplating on what do these
so-called terrorists want, and is there any way one can help them not
indulge in such acts. That too is very important.

Rakshat