[Reader-list] Karima Brown on South African Pogroms

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Wed May 21 13:17:08 IST 2008

Hi,

 democratic rule fortunately or unfortunately is by the people, for the people and not necessarily of the people as seen in free India or in South Africa, as some people tend to get elected by the people of their choice, not necessarily by ALL the people, with subtle methods of corruption, appeasement of castes and faiths, then the result is people get what they deserve. When as low as 45 percent of eligible voters refuse to participate in vote, another 12 percent voters are "kept out" of voters list by devious means such as voters list revision under governors rule as in Karnataka, moles in election commission who accept crores for the favours to be extended, are in seat, the whole tamasha of election becomes a gimmick of money and muscle power, one of the prime reasons for voters apathy.

       With the division in society on caste s such as upper caste, "other backward Castes" and lower castes with tags such as years of oppression on caste basis, it becomes the excellent play grounds for the elite with money, muscle and booze to sway the result in any which way they want with conniving item numbers going by the name of anchors/ journalists and spin doctors of media. Media is respected in democracy, but the anchors who play the role of spin doctors for political parties are subvertice forces/individuals in media who attract disgust and dismay from citizens as they are rewarded with awards, by the system like Padmashri and best journalist when in practise they are just page three celebs of the media, blacksheeps. !

Regards.