[Reader-list] Rantings of a pissed off Paki

Shivam Vij शिवम् विज् mail at shivamvij.com
Sat Nov 1 22:18:20 IST 2008

Some say blogs are not in vogue anymore
(http://www.wired.com/entertainment/theweb/magazine/16-11/st_essay),
but you'd be surprised at the range of honest voices that you still
find in the blogosphere [as opposed to mailing lists, which went out
of fashion ages ago :)].

I found this response to the Jaipur blasts of 14 May. This sort of
confessed ranting in a blog often sounds like a person talking to
himself - and what could be more honest? No posturing, no claims of
unequivocal truths, no invective. This of course changes if the
blogger becomes a star, gets a book contract and looks at the blog
stats all day.

Reading Pakistanis online is always fun. Like seeing yourself in a
mirror you never knew existed. So please invite yourself for a few
moments inside the mind of a "pissed off Paki" in New York...

best
shivam

o o o o

To the Indians

I think it's hilarious that Indians still think of Pakistan as the
enemy, when it's clear we don't even stand a chance anymore. This
isn't the 60's when we actually had some semblance of military
prowesses, we're nothing more than a nuisance factor at this point.
Besides, we have better things to worry about, like our own terrorism
issues, political struggles and volatile economy being hammered by the
high price of oil.

I would argue that Naxalites are probably a more strategic threat,
seeing how they've started to go after something very critical to
India - infrastructure. The recent attacks on the Essar facilities is
a dangerous sign, seeing those type of facilities are crucial to India
becoming the economic power that it wants to be.

HERE: http://pissedoffpaki.blogspot.com/2008/05/another-blast-another-post.html